Family of 5 hopefully moving to Oz, but clueless!!

Guest ria_w

Hi all!

I've found this forum through desperately trawling the net to find some real info on moving to South Australia from the UK...

My uncle moved to Adelaide after landing a top job at Microsoft, since then he has worked as head of IT at one of the main banks and other places, he will almost definately sponser us to move out there (once I can get hold of him, he's always diving or going on worldwide trips it seems)! Since he left, I've always wanted to follow, now we are in a position to do so BUT don't really know the best way of doing it! We want to move there as I feel it would be better for my family as a whole, as people know the East Midlands is getting worse, the Uk as a whole is getting worse and I don't like how its going. Plus, who wouldn't want to move to Oz?!

I'm married, with 3 very young children (6, 2 and 1) so I understandably don't want to do things wrong and end up stoney broke, so if there are any of you who could offer some advice, or say how you have done it, please advise us!

I've been advised on one of those eligibility tests online, that we would be eligible, so thats one thing I've found out, but whats the rest of the process like? And what happens once we get to Oz?!

Thanks for any help!

Ria

Hiya i would definately use an agent just for the ease ,theres alot of paperwork and medicals to do for all of the family even the toddler.Our visa took about 7month start to finish and cost around 3500GBP for a family of 4 ,an agent will tell you the best visa for your circumstances and help you understand abit about the process ,good luck and check out the agent posts on here as theres a few been recommended

Cal x

Archived