Aircraft noise

Guest Dunteaching

Guest Dunteaching

We currently live in Scotland close to one of the noisest airforce bases in the UK and are very keen to live in a quieter area when we go to Oz. I note that there is an RAAF base in Sale in Victoria and wondered what the noise level was like? Is this a reason why the house prices in that area seem lower than might be expected?

Louise

I can answer you with some authority . I am a pilot . I don't fly fast jets or airliners though , just small aircraft . I assume from your post that you live near to either Lossiemouth or Kinloss , where the RAF Nimrods operate from .The good news is that RAAF Sale is very much quieter .There are no fast jets or large transport aircraft based there . Small training aircraft are based there and there is the occasional visit by other types . Most flying is conducted on a daytime basis and from Monday to Friday . As for the housing costs , well , I can't help there .

Dave

Guest Dunteaching

Dave, thanks for that - yeah we are near Lossie - Nimrods no probs, but the Tornados are pretty noisy. There has been a huge increase in the amount of night flying and as my husband is an ex-pilot I have his disparaging comments about poor formation to put up with as well!

Cheers.

Yup,

I can support this...sale is not a fighter jet base...but is home to the Roulettes...teh RAAF aerobatic team, who ply prop-job P9s.

The reason housing is cheaper is because it is rural...so you will get lots more and a great big garden, for your money.

All in all Sale and surrounding area is lovely.

F111's are based at Amberley in QLD , and no FA18's either , they are based at Williamtown near Newcastle NSW . Thats not to say they don't pop in occasionally though , but not often .

Dave

Hi seeing as you were all talking about planes does anyone know where they fly hawks, my husband is an aircraft mechanic on hawks and i cant find any info on where they fly debbiexx

Archived