In a dilemma!

Guest familytak@tiscali.co.uk

Hello there, this is the first post I've written and it's taken me 3 hours to figure out what I'm doing, so if it's wrong please point me in the right direction. My husband and I are considering a move to Geraldton but having read lots of negative reports may be reconsidering. Does anyone have anything positive to say about Geraldton?

Lisa x

Guest nareyclan

Hi familytak, Welcome to PIO!

We have friends that emigrated to Geraldton January this year. I don't know a lot about the place but I have spoken to my friend a couple of times and from what she has said it is a lovely but quiet, seaside/holiday type town.

She however has found it to be a bit too quiet for her taste and I believe it has made it a bit harder for her to settle. She did show me around her house with skype and it seems they have a lot more house for their money than some other areas. Her children seem to have settled into life and schools very well.

I know she struggles to buy childrens shoes and clothes as most of the shops cater for holiday trade.

I know that you asked for positive things but what is postive for one may not be for another so I thought I would just tell you what I know and hope that it helps.

Good luck

Hayley

Thanks Hayley, any info. is greatly appreciated. I am expecting it to be quiet but it's difficult to tell how we will cope once there. Is there any chance of your friend contacting me to chat to via this site or otherwise?

Guest SHEENA AND ADE

Hi Lisa Sheena in Geraldton here. If you have skype i could talk to you face to face to help answer your questions Regards

Archived