scots nr forest lake

Guest mrsjjm

:biglaugh:hi everybody myself my hubby n our 2 girl hav just moved from scotland to forest lake 20 mins from brisbane!just wondering if there is any other scots out there looking 4 sum mates(sad i know)but having a bit of bother with the ozzys understanding our humour lol! thanks jo(27 )james(26) megan(10)katie(1)

Guest mollyflanders

hello and welcome to oz, we live at middle park which is not really far from forest lake about 15 minutes , Only thing is I am a grandmum, so a bit older but young at heart, come from the shetlands, arrived last november and love it, my daughter hubby and grandchildren live nearby.

hello and welcome to oz, we live at middle park which is not really far from forest lake about 15 minutes , Only thing is I am a grandmum, so a bit older but young at heart, come from the shetlands, arrived last november and love it, my daughter hubby and grandchildren live nearby.
thank you so much i can see why you love it so much its beautifull!Ihave a cousin that lives in shetland small world ehh?No wooly jumpers required here lol!Is it just us or do you have the same problem with ozzys understanding you guys?

Guest mollyflanders

hi, yes sometimes i lapse into the shetland dialect, but usually say if you don't understand me, just say stop sheila, then i can rephrase...lol.

Hope you aresettling in ok and if you fel like a drive my way just send me a p.m, and we can arrange something. I am pretty busy this week have a first aid course to do on tuesday all day and have my grandaughter and pal ....aged 4 on wed., and thursdy am i am doing an orientation with a new client but give me a shout and surely we can get to meet soon.

• 2 weeks later...

hey sorry its taken me so long to reply! that would be great to meet up but i dont drive so if u have a spare day and are round my way just pm me ! thanks jo

Archived