Anyone used UKForex for transferring money

Guest Scardycat

Guest Scardycat

Hi, I have been checking the transfer rates and UKForex seem to have a higher rate than others, they are the same company as Ozforex.

Have just been talking to HiFx and they were extremely helpful and explained it all so that I actually understood it at long last, but UKForex have a higher rate so if anyone has used them could they please let me know whether there experience was good or bad.

Thanks Cat

Guest dnex721
Hi, I have been checking the transfer rates and UKForex seem to have a higher rate than others, they are the same company as Ozforex.

Have just been talking to HiFx and they were extremely helpful and explained it all so that I actually understood it at long last, but UKForex have a higher rate so if anyone has used them could they please let me know whether there experience was good or bad.

Thanks Cat

Hi

I tried UKFOREX yesterday but they weren't accepting any further registrations until 13th oct

hopefully rates don't go down by then ..

Bev

Guest Scardycat

Thanks for that, did they say why they weren't, perhaps they have had a massive influx in the last few days. I did email them with some queries but they weren't very helpful in the response, so I phoned HiFx today and they were so helpful made it all sound so easy.

regards Cat

Guest mgilmour
Thanks for that, did they say why they weren't, perhaps they have had a massive influx in the last few days. I did email them with some queries but they weren't very helpful in the response, so I phoned HiFx today and they were so helpful made it all sound so easy.

regards Cat

Hi All,

Just a note on our not taking new customers for a few days. The level of activity we have experienced in the last week has been extraordinary, our daily turnover is five-fold our average and we are getting triple our usual daily new customer registrations. We have taken a view that we would rather keep the service level as high as possible for existing customers than giving poor service to old and new customers. We will have cleared the backlog of new customers that need to be setup by Monday and will start taking on new customers again. Our staff in Sydney/London/Toronto are working extremely long hours to keep up with demand and I am sure its the same with the other FX brokers, we have just taken the view we don't want new customers to have a poor experience because we are so flat out trying to keep service levels as high as possible for existing customer which is a challenge in this market.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for the continued support of the Poms in Oz community.

Regards

Matt Gilmour

Managing Director

OzForex | UKForex | Tranzfers

Guest dannys188

Hi I used CBA commenwealthbank of australia the have a branch in london the good thing is unlike some of these money exchange places cba will change your money and set up your account in oz when your ready.you can down load application fill it in post to london and was active in 2 days. I was worried about my money being safe, but this was the good bit you can chaps them 10% of what you want to change like we did and with that you can lock in the rate. we locked in 2.44 and we are changing the rest when our bonds mature in january before we go so the dont have alot of money at the moment to worry about. They are very helpful and takes the hasle out of a 3rd party exchange company:jiggy:

• 1 month later...
Guest roverbelle

Scardycat I used them during the AUD/GBP .38 or £2.60 period in mid October and even at Matt said 5 fold in business my transfer went through within days.

All you do is previously set up your aussie bank account and oxforex account, monitor and then lock in your rate on ozforex, someone from the office contacts you and you transfer the money to their account using sort codes etc, once it is confirmed the money is in your aussie account within a day.

I personally couldnt fault them

Guest Scardycat

Thanks very much for that, sadly I missed the boat on the 2.60, had a hic-cup on the finances, so not likely to be able to do it for another week or two now and its going down all the time:arghh:

Still I will set up an account with them now so that I can do the transfer asap. Its just nice to know someone has used them and it was ok.

Thanks a lot.

Cat

Archived