travellers cheques help please

Guest julie2g1b

Guest julie2g1b

hi guys

does anyone know how much aprox do banks or whoever charge to change travellers cheques to cash?

julie :wubclub:

hi when we were in oz in july we took travellers cheques and i wouldnt recomend them. the travel agents and banks would only change certain amounts and charged % each time. even the hotels diddnt want to know. if i was to do it again i would put it onto a credit card and use that as i got a great exchange rate from them also. tess xx

Guest Andy and Tracy
hi guys

does anyone know how much aprox do banks or whoever charge to change travellers cheques to cash?

julie :wubclub:

Julie,

Don't take travellers cheques. You lose money on the exchange. Open a Nationwide bank account, transfer money in and use that - they don't charge exchange fees. You just get your money out with a debit card over there as normal. You can use the debit card in most shops as well. You can then use that account when you first emigrate too.

Also, go to the post office and open a post office credit card and use that when in Oz as they don't charge exchange fees either. Just pay it all off when you get home.

You should still have time to set them up.

Hope that helps

Tracy

x

Archived