• Tasmania
    • South Australia
    • Western Australia
    • Northern Territory
    • Not For Me - I Love it here in in the UK

• 1 month later...

Why do so many people go to perth, apart from its weather,

mmm.. interesting

anyone got any idea how many pepole leave after migrating?

Guest cappy

We are choosing Perth due to the family sponsor being located there. Plus they've been back over here recently and completely sold us on it :D

Yes Perth is nice, you dont have to stay where your sponsor is though, unless it was designated area visa.

anyway when are you going?

Guest cappy

Hi xero! I have done a post in the 'Welcome' forum explaining about us in case you are interested. We aren't 'going' as yet as we are just about to start the visa application process. I'd like to think we'll eventually be going but I don't want to get my hopes up too much in case it falls through

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest fantasy tan

I visited Perth in Oct 04, it is really nice,clean etc, but there is not much going on. We stayed in the CBD (capital city) everything in the city closed by 6.30pm. The rugby world cup was on when we were there and everything livened up but when it was over it was quite again. I think if I moved to Perth it might be too quite for me. And when my children grow up they might not want to live in remotest city in that part of the world. Singapore is nearer to Perth than any other city in Australia Hopefully the Gold Coast will work out. We have looked at all the main cities, Sydney is too expensive and seems quite similar to London, Melbourne 4 seasons in a day, so Brisbane /Gold Coast seemed the best option apart from the heat, my husband is a carpenter and is not looking forward to working in 30 degrees. Hopefully it will not take to long to get used to the heat. :!:

I must agree, Perth is defo not for me, to quiet and just to far away from everywhere else, moving to Auz for a new life but also to experience all the beautiful country has to offer.

Got state sponsorship by Vicotria so Melbourne it is for the first two years, think I can handle it, four seasons or not. Also it is still achievable within a long weekend to get an internal flight and head anywhere up the east coast to any of the lovely places . Roll on 19 Feb 2006.

Bet

Archived