Dance/Gymnastics in Victoria

Guest rossclan

Guest rossclan

Hi All

In process of application to move to Berwick/Narre Warren (hopefully 2009). My only real worry is my 15 year old daughter, who is in year 11 and doing GCSE's this year. Pretty much decided that she will have to go back and do last 2 years at school to get HSC. She is a bit unsure about it all.

She is very much into gymnastics and does break-dancing and loves it. Does anyone in Victoria area know if there is a good gymnastics club or any hip hop/breakdancing places around as, if she can carry on with her hobbies, I know it will make everyone else's life happier all round. Anyone with a teenage girl will understand I am sure.

Also, does anyone else know any good high schools in the above area or have teenagers who have moved to Melbourne? How did they get on? It is a hard time to move I think. Sorry to go on a bit. Worried mum and all that.

Susan:unsure:

Guest TheClarkes

Hi Susan

I have 17 year old boy 15 year old boy 14 year old girl 11 year old girl and 2 year old boy so know exactly what you mean...

We are hoping to move to Berwick/Narre Warren too we are making our permanent move in January!

Both my girls would be interested too in the Dance and Gymnastics especially the youngest one who thinks she is a proper little Gangsta lol!

Should perhaps let the girls swap msn if they would like to?

Send a pm if your daughter interested...

Take care

Clare x

Guest christel

Hi Girls.just to point you in the right direction the website you need to go to is www.gymnasticsvictoria.org.au , things basically operate the same here as the UK (british WAG Coach now training in WA). You might find that the clubs are slightly smaller with less equipment if you are in a regional area, but still have a look at the site and see what you think, good luck x

Hello all. There is a dance studio next to Berwick railway station (well over the road). It is called fabulous feet (drove down the wrong road the other day and saw it).

Details are

Studio 1/44 Enterprise Ave

BERWICK 3806

Contact Details

Ms Michelle Camp CSTD

Phone (AH): 9796 2120

Phone (BH): 9796 2120

Email: garmish@bigpond.com.au

Description

Expert tuition in a fully equipped studio. Tap, Jazz, Classical Ballet, Irish Dance, Funk, Performing Arts. Exclusive classes for boys, teenagers & adults.

Hope this helps. I have seen others too but cannot remember where. A good website to always refer to is www.casey.vic.gov.au , it is great for finding out things.

Shani

Guest rossclan

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks Clare, I am sure Michelle would love to do that. The kids are not quite aware yet that we are definitely going ahead as I didn't want to stress them too much when it might take until this time next year but as soon as we tell them for definite, I will pm you if that is still okay.

How do your kids all feel about going. Do you know anyone there or have schools organized? My sister has been in Narre Warren/Berwick for 20 years and is a nurse out there. Her children are a bit older. She has been sending me some info on the Catholic primary and high schools as my kids go to Catholic schools here and I thought the class sizes might be a bit smaller, but that may well not be true. She is going to ask some friends with younger kids about the schools around there so I can pass on any info she finds if you have not already got that sorted out.

I just wish the visa process didn't take quite so long as some days I am very positive about it all and other days I get worried. I have been there for a few months 13 years ago and loved it. My OH has never been there, doesn't care and would go tomorrow!!

Susan x

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hi Susan

I have 17 year old boy 15 year old boy 14 year old girl 11 year old girl and 2 year old boy so know exactly what you mean...

We are hoping to move to Berwick/Narre Warren too we are making our permanent move in January!

Both my girls would be interested too in the Dance and Gymnastics especially the youngest one who thinks she is a proper little Gangsta lol!

Should perhaps let the girls swap msn if they would like to?

Send a pm if your daughter interested...

Take care

Clare x

Hi clare, Susan I too have a daughter who is thinking of taking up somthing "sporty" when she gets to Oz she was thinking along the lines of dance or if there is any cheerleading. Do you yor anyone else on here know if schools in Oz do cheerleading. xx

Guest christel

Hi Kay Tee...They incorporate Cheerleeding under the 'Gymnastics' umbrella here so im giving you the Federations (Australian Gymnastic Federation) website address so that you can have a look round as I am not sure what state you are going to, or cant remember sorry, i gave the clarks the Victorian federation website, we all have our own State Head Offices, under the website I am giving you. Also, if you see something that says 'calisthenics' that also is a word they use here for dance, gymnastics, cheerleeding..hope it helps..x

Cheerleading

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hi Kay Tee...They incorporate Cheerleeding under the 'Gymnastics' umbrella here so im giving you the Federations (Australian Gymnastic Federation) website address so that you can have a look round as I am not sure what state you are going to, or cant remember sorry, i gave the clarks the Victorian federation website, we all have our own State Head Offices, under the website I am giving you. Also, if you see something that says 'calisthenics' that also is a word they use here for dance, gymnastics, cheerleeding..hope it helps..x

Cheerleading

Hi Cristel,

You are a diamond, I really thought, this would be a long shot and maybes Im going to the wrong country (USA)..lol.. My daughter will be chuffed, she really likes the idea of cheerleading, as I have told the kids they all have to join in some sort of social group, hopefully to help them settle in better, I had thought Kristinas choice would prove difficult, but hadn,t actually said that to her. Thanks again Cristel it is really appreciated. xx :notworthy: By the way were off to Melbourne. xx

Archived