oz cars!

Guest karennchris

Guest karennchris

hi i was wondering why all the cars in oz seem to be a bit well boring i suppose (no offence) seem to be quite expensive used to german cars ,whats motorbiking like as well?

Guest VFRHOCKS

Myself, and I am only going from research through the computer/internet, have found both cars and bikes to cost a lot more over there. Although new cars are cheaper.

Both second hand cars and bikes go for a lot more than they do here. Might be to do with the fact they last longer and dont suffer the same whether as ours.

Found people seem to keep their cars forever too and pass them down through the family.

Guest AndyandYvonneD

Hi

Got agree with VFR, cars seem to very expensive over in Oz, they seem to have plenty of Japaneese and Aisian belt cars. I've been looking for Volvo's but they seem to be few and far between. As for German quality cars, just check on australian ebay and see how many they just don't have!!! Looks like i'll be driving around in a 'Datrot'!!!!

hi i was wondering why all the cars in oz seem to be a bit well boring i suppose (

Yes the Japanese and Koreans do a special line of boring cars just for Oz......:biglaugh:

Guest YellowGecko

LOL well if you wanted a well made German car, you should've bought our BMW! Took ages to sell it here. No one seems to want a decent, well built car.. they all want Hyundais or Toyotas!

Does anyone know what the procedure is for buying a car, I've been doing some research and it seems there is registration, then safety certificate costs, but it looks liek you have to fill in a registration form, then get a safety check then after that you are allowed to drive the car - is this right!?

Any advice appreciated on the pitfalls of buying

Thank you

hi i was wondering why all the cars in oz seem to be a bit well boring i suppose (no offence) seem to be quite expensive used to german cars ,whats motorbiking like as well?

Now I know what it is......you miss all the fun of one of these.....:biglaugh:

reliant_robin_restored_203x152.jpg

They are not boring by a long shot.....

Guest Petra & Dave

What is it with every ones love affair with the BMW ? I really don't rate them any more than a Ford Mondeo , just another rep mobile, A company now just trading on its badge. Ive seen loads of poor quality workmanship, bland interiors unless you spend a small fortune on upgrading the interior, poor paint finish as std,(they us a system that saves paint and money for them and gives loads of orange peel) I personally would never buy one, is said in the trade that the only quality motor left is Mercedes and even Audi are better than BMW, The japs now build some nice fully loaded quality cars at a better price than BMW,better warranty's , better dealer back up and the Koreans are catching up fast. Dont now much about the Australian makes but from what ive seen some of the top of the range models are really nice and ford is ford what more can you say. There are some boring cars in Australia but theres just as many over here, from what ive been looking at for the price of a basic BMW you can get a very nice middle to top of the range Holden or Ford and better loaded as std.

Dave

Guest VFRHOCKS

Tend to agree about BMW, but I find ford very good, we use Fords at work and we also have a new mondeo, which I would say is very good.

I dont rate Audi but Mercs aren't too bad but all very expensive cars.

Wouldn't touch a Holden/Vauxhall, give me a ford anyday.

What is it with every ones love affair with the BMW ? I really don't rate them any more than a Ford Mondeo , just another rep mobile, A company now just trading on its badge. Ive seen loads of poor quality workmanship, bland interiors unless you spend a small fortune on upgrading the interior, poor paint finish as std,(they us a system that saves paint and money for them and gives loads of orange peel) I personally would never buy one, is said in the trade that the only quality motor left is Mercedes and even Audi are better than BMW, The japs now build some nice fully loaded quality cars at a better price than BMW,better warranty's , better dealer back up and the Koreans are catching up fast. Dont now much about the Australian makes but from what ive seen some of the top of the range models are really nice and ford is ford what more can you say. There are some boring cars in Australia but theres just as many over here, from what ive been looking at for the price of a basic BMW you can get a very nice middle to top of the range Holden or Ford and better loaded as std.

Dave

Guest YellowGecko

Such a difference of opinion. Each to our own, I suppose someone on here will say that they prefer Skoda to BMW as well. I feel that BMWs are such well built and quality made and that, if we were to have a collision on the motorway here (which is possible considering the amount of nutcase truckies on the road), we'd have a much better chance of survival and less injuries in a well built car, such as a BMW, than we would in say a Hyundai Getz, where we'd prolly just get squished. Plus you just don't get any engine noise inside the car, it just purrs.

That said, spares are too expensive when things go wrong (which isn't often, fortunately), so we're thinking as to what to get next. I like Mazdas, they're also top cars. The Japs build some decent cars. It is also hard to get spares for cars here on the GC. You don't get scrapyards all over, like you do in the UK, in which to just go along and get 2nd hand parts... something else I took for granted in England.

Mercs... hmm.. never seen an attractive Merc yet, myself.

:smile:

Jo x

Guest madplumber1
a datrot sounds nice ! what ever it is lol

Hi to enlighten all, a Datrot is a northern name for a Datsun car that would normaly rust to bits within a couple of years.

madplumber

Guest VFRHOCKS

I'll have you know Andy, I had a Datsun. A very long time ago, was my first proper car.

Got to admit, it did rust really bad and nearly needed to replace whole door.

Did some miles in it though, after 2 engine changes.

Point taken, they rubbish.:notworthy:

Archived