Moving October

Guest Sally5

Hi everyone, thought I would join this thread as we are moving to the Buderim area next month, flying out 28th October, staying in a hotel in Maroochydore for 4 weeks whilst we suss out schools, 3 kids of 9, 6 and 4, then try and get a rental!!

Loads to do yet, we rented our house on saturday, tennants move in on 20th Oct, container booked for 8th October and we move in with friends for a week on 20th oct, huge amount of clearing out to do, but its keeping my mind of the goodbye's and leaving my beloved home, schools, and family - its not an easy move for me, we've had our visa's 3years and been on the backburner for ages, but if we don't go and try it we will regret it, so Brisbane here we come.

Any thoughts on areas, help with schools would be so much appreciated.

Am now going to go and read some of your post.

Sally & family X

Guest Tracey from Braintree

Hi Sally,

I can't help you with areas as I am still researching myself! Just wanted to say Good luck and I hope it all goes well. I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience for all your family.

Tracey.

Hiya Sally, we leave here on the 8th December and are going to take a look at Buderim along with a few other places. Is Mountain Creek one of the schools in that area that has a good reputation.

Good luck Kim

Hiya Sally, we leave here on the 8th December and are going to take a look at Buderim along with a few other places. Is Mountain Creek one of the schools in that area that has a good reputation.

Good luck Kim

Hi Kim, yes MC is in the buderim area, it has a really good reputation but I have been warned about the amount of kids in the school, my only concern is my very placid 9 yo, very sensitive and has eyesight problems, I am going to play it by ear, another friend took their kids out of there coz they couldn't settle, you'll probably pay more for a house in the catchment area tho!! v. sought after.

Thanks for the good wishes - Sal

We are also heading to this area in October. When we were on our reccie I was told that MC school is the best state school in the area but you should make sure you are in the catchment area in order to get kids in (this does not usually apply).

Is anyone looking at the fee paying schools in this area?

Kim..sounds as though you are moving forward...any luck with the house??

Debby

Archived