one way travel insurance

Guest tim_the_taf

Guest tim_the_taf

has anyone found a decent deal on one way travel insurance to the UK ? had 2 silly quotes and only one decent one - $72 for a family of 4.:err:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Tim

Who did you get the quotes from, please? I've been in touch with Adam Taylor from Go Walkabout but I am having a job even to find any others? I'd be grateful for any other names you might have come across, please.

I'm trying to help an elderly couple with their one-way travel plans. They are retired and plan to sail from Southampton to Oz next Jan/Feb on a P&O cruise ship. I am surprised that P&O make it a condition of carriage that full travel/medical insurance is held but they do not offer any insurance packages themselves. The people they suggest only offer round trip holiday insurance for up to 90 days at a stretch. Ditto Saga & Help the Aged which are the "usual" travel insurers for Brits of 75 or above.

I can't understand why Underwriters seem so "locked in" to the idea of round-trip travel only. Maybe one-way travellers are just not a big enough group for Underwriters to want to bother to work out the % risk of covering such a small group?

Puzzled and I would be grateful for any info at all that you can pass on.

Many thanks

Gill

Guest tim_the_taf
Hi Tim

Who did you get the quotes from, please? I've been in touch with Adam Taylor from Go Walkabout but I am having a job even to find any others? I'd be grateful for any other names you might have come across, please.

I'm trying to help an elderly couple with their one-way travel plans. They are retired and plan to sail from Southampton to Oz next Jan/Feb on a P&O cruise ship. I am surprised that P&O make it a condition of carriage that full travel/medical insurance is held but they do not offer any insurance packages themselves. The people they suggest only offer round trip holiday insurance for up to 90 days at a stretch. Ditto Saga & Help the Aged which are the "usual" travel insurers for Brits of 75 or above.

I can't understand why Underwriters seem so "locked in" to the idea of round-trip travel only. Maybe one-way travellers are just not a big enough group for Underwriters to want to bother to work out the % risk of covering such a small group?

Puzzled and I would be grateful for any info at all that you can pass on.

Many thanks

Gill

Gill, sounds like you're talking about UK to Oz insurance. When we moved out here last year we used extrasure, one of the few to offer one way travel. They were the cheapest then. Just google it. No idea what their age limit is though. Its the opposite I'm struggling with. As you say, its amazing that its so difficult to find.

Down Under insurance (they're in the uk and oz) do one-way cover. www.duinsure.com

If you're sorting it online, when you get to the optional extras thing, open it up and make sure you click on the one way cover option. There's no extra charge for it (I rang up and double-checked it was valid for emigration and it was) and they do various levels of cover from backpacker to more comprehensive.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi

Thanks very much indeed to both of you. I will check out both of the additional companies you have told me about.

Many thanks

Gill

Archived