Has Anyone Transported a Car to Oz?

valandbaz

Now I have read a few threads about this and the general advice is to buy over there BUT we have a 4 year old Mitsubishi Warrior (owned for 3 years) in great nick. Only done 40,000 miles, regularly serviced and looked after.

From what I have researched second hand cars are very expensive over there. We would probably get £10,000 - £12,000 here if we sold it but I don't think we would get as good over there.

Has anyone actually taken a car over and what was the cost.

Any infomation would be gratefully received.

Guest AndyandYvonneD

HI

We looked at it, it will cost between £600-700 to take it over, but be warned there are costs to get it registered over in Oz, for instance they charge you >$500 to steam clean the car when you get it there. Agree also that cars are expensive over there, and you might not find one as good when you get there!!

Good luck with the Vetassess in October, Accrington a good place to do it, passed mine in July of this year.

Regards

Andy

Guest TheArmChairDetective

A friend of mine took his Land Rover 90 to QLD in 2007 and at the time I asked him how he did it, Heres the email's

me to him............

Hi xxxxxxxx,

Could you possibly tell me how much it cost to ship your 90 to australia and if it is viable for someone to do so, drive around the island continent for 12 months and then ship it back. A bit like you but without the coming back bit.

Him to me

Hi xxxxxxx,

I got my 90 put in a container and it cost me about 1500 pounds . You can get a year permit for you to have the car in Aus and travel around with it and then take it back.

They will clean it at the docks at a cost of a couple of hundred.

Hope that little tidbit helps.

Archived