traffic congestion in GC

Guest juju

hi to you all, fairly new to the forum. we are moving from adelaide to gold coast in Jan 09 and was just wondering what the traffic is like there as it is a big tourist destination, do the freeways get very congested, is traffic a real problem or if you keep away from theme park areas, paradise etc are you relatively untouched? any thoughts would be appreciated , it will just make me think about getting a job nearer to where we will buy or commuting thanks

Guest YellowGecko

YES!! Traffic congestion is a HUGE problem here! Especially during rush hour. Not only that, but there are a lot of nutters on the roads out here, where they try and kill you!

I always try to leave a safe gap between myself and the car in front, on the motorway, (ie.. 2 secs) but honest to donuts, you'll get some madman/woman nip in that gap and cause you to slam your brakes on, everytime!

YES!! Traffic congestion is a HUGE problem here! Especially during rush hour. Not only that, but there are a lot of nutters on the roads out here, where they try and kill you!

I always try to leave a safe gap between myself and the car in front, on the motorway, (ie.. 2 secs) but honest to donuts, you'll get some madman/woman nip in that gap and cause you to slam your brakes on, everytime!

LOL there are lots of nutters on the road here also, infact i believe south australians are classed as the worst drivers in OZ!!! However i am feeling a bit embarrassed today, just had the kids quietly sitting in the car and someone just gave me some abuse in a car park for something very minor so i turned into a a true SA driver, put my window down and hurled abuse at him!!!! kids were abit shocked by the mothers misuse of the English language, i have course have had to apoligize for my lack of control!!!! I have finally settled in!!!!!!! lol:arghh:

Too right there are loads of nutters on the road in adelaide, They love to drive up your arse. At first I did feel intimidated but now if I am doing the speed limit and they are trying to nudge me along I just touch my breaks, they soon pull back. Another speciality of theirs is, if you are reversing out of a space, no matter what the size of the gap is, they will try to squeeze past you, instead of waiting, mind you, I find pedestrians do exactly the same, they expect the car to stop for them. I normally wait if I see a car reversing but not others.

Sorry for not being able to give you a reply on the thread but I just had to agree with you.

Good luck, you lucky sods on escaping Adelaide.

j

Guest YellowGecko

INteresting, as I find SA drivers to be the most courteous out of all states and QLD'ers being the worse.. especially at allowing merging traffic onto the motorway. It's almost as though most QLD'ers don't even know their own road rules.

The majority of Adelaide's drivers don't seem to think that they have to wait for a gap in the traffic, when entering off a slip road and will try speed down off it and try to squeeze in.

I suppose it seems worse up there because there are even more idiot drivers than down here due to being more people.

J

Archived