Berwick v Mornington HELP!!

Guest TheClarkes

Guest TheClarkes

BERWICK V MORNINGTON HELP!!!

Hi

I know these are both equally wonderful places, but would really like to know pros and cons of both these places for the children.

We have 5 children 16 15 14 11 and 2, so need them to have plenty to do in their spare time also the older ones are keen to get p/t jobs on the weekend /after school.

They lead quite a good social life now and have a Massive Circle of Friends, They take the Train to the Coast, Enjoy the Cinema, Live bands, Discos, Shopping and of course the Boys are into their Football (Playing twice weekly) and Watching our Local club. Girls love to Shop for clothes and they all enjoy hanging out with friends.

So if any one has teens or is a teen living in these areas please let me know any info you may have. By the way we will be arriving in Jan 09

Thanks for your time

Clare x

Well I live in Somerville which is on the Westernport side of the Peninsula and we like it very much. We have the train service so it was great when our children were in their teens.

I think both areas have their good points but I think if your children are independent I would look at South Frankston if you want to be on the beach side. There is a very good high school there and its close to the town. There are a lot of clubs for children to join and they have access to the rail to go to the city or wherever they want to go. Whereas if you lived in Mornington there is no train and they would have to rely on the bus and it goes around the world to get to Frankston to get the train.

There are clubs in Mornington once they turn 18.

Berwick has the train provided you live near it because its such a huge area of new housing you could be a considerable distance from public transport.

Personally I love the Peninsula and where I live. You could look at Langwarrin which is a suburb of Frankston and popular.

It will be very different here for your children if they are used to just popping on public transport. Car is god. Sport clubs abound and are a good place to meet people.

I guess I would be checking out areas for facilities for the children and their interests.

Good luck:smile:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Clare

I am sure the children will find plenty to do whichever of these suburbs you choose. For some people however much they love Mornington it is too far out to travel to the CBD, but then some find work in nearby Frankston or even closer to home. The children would really enjoy the beach life there, but would struggle commuting as the nearest train station is Frankston. I think if you lived in Berwick you would probably travel to Narre Warren as well for entertainment, they have the village cinema complex there inside the fountain gate shopping centre. Your daughters will love shopping in Fountain Gate and there is lots of part time work for when they reach 14 years and 9 months. You have the TAFE in Berwick as well as Monash University so if they decide to take their education further they won't have far to travel. There are various sports in Berwick, AFL, Tennis, Karate, Swimming and Cricket in season. There is one nightclub in Berwick, I am too old for that kind of thing so cannot tell you what it's like.

Hope this helps

Kate

Ps I don't live in Berwick I just love the area

Archived