South Yarra

Guest mark2145

Guest mark2145

Hi all, I have been offered a job in South Yarra, the company will sponser me and provide visas etc. to emigrate. I will be travelling away most of the time, so my wife will be home mostly with my 10 year old daughter If anyone can advise on nice areas and schools within 1 hour of South Yarra that would be great.

Also any other info on Melbourne would be most welcome as my wife tends to panic about everything, so if I can put her mind at ease.

cheers

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

How about living in South Yarra!!!! The best schools are within easy reach of South Yarra if not in South Yarra. Have a look at:

Melbourne Girls Grammar - Private

St Catherines - Private

Loreto Mandeville Hall - Catholic

There are other schools but they are boys only. As your daughter is 10 years old I would be starting to look at schools as soon as you get over and put her name down as the top schools book up fast.

South Yarra is a lovely place and your wife will enjoy the shops in South Yarra and Toorak, so if your going to be travelling away from home make sure you take your credit cards with you:idea:

I would also look at Hawthorn, Camberwell and Malvern as they are very popular suburbs for people who work in the city and around the area.

Check out realestate.com.au. I guess you would prefer to have a house rather than a flat/unit. South Yarra has a large number of blocks of units and is popular with the mid to late twenties professionals.

Guest The Pom Queen

Forgot to say, I am currently working on a few suburb guides to help people get a feel for the suburbs, this is still a work in progress but I have Bayside, Sandringham and Beaumaris up there if you want to have a read, I also did a property guide so you can see how much property you can get for your money. Moving to Melbourne: Where to Live Suburb Guide for Melbourne

Guest mark2145

many thanks, i will look at this site. Every piece of info helps, my wife is really excited and very nervous about the whole thing and my daughter is now starting get exctited whereas before she was wanting to stay in the UK

Archived