eddie & kerry palmer

Guest eddie palmer

Guest eddie palmer

hi this is the 1st time of useing this forum so please be helpfull . we should be getting our visa in 4/5 mths time and we thought we would start to ask some questions . When we come out could we bring things like tv,s radios I.E will they still pick up your tv channels and radio channels ? . What about wooden funature? only we just dont know

ive just applied for the visas for the family and am feeling nervous cos its all become real! how long ago did you first apply?

kerry

hi guys, welcome to pio!

where in qld you hoping to go?

as for your stuff, TV's radio's etc will be fine same as washing machine's the only thing with the fridges you have to make sure they don't have the cfc's!

as for the wooden furniture, you do have to go careful on some things,like wicker, but you can download the info you need from quarantine site!

if you need any more info shout out!!

sheena :wubclub:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Eddie and Kerry

Welcome to PIO!!!! In regards to your TV - Impossible to say without knowing model numbers etc. Although the UK and Australia use PAL, the UK uses PAL I and Australia PAL BG. If your TV is 'multisystem', then it should support all of the PAL formats (& also NTSC & SECAM) and there won't be a problem. If it is not 'multisystem' then the chances are that if you just connected the TV via the standard aerial socket then you'd get a picture but no sound as the Australian PAL system uses a slightly different frequency for sound. To get around this, you'd need to purchase a set top box (similar to freeview boxes in the UK) and connect the set top to the TV via AV cables. A cheap set top box would be around $50.All of the broadcasters over here broadcast free to air High Definition Channels. To access these, you'd need to get a HD set top box (cheapest probably around $150) or a TV with integrated HD tuner.

Hope this helps

Kate

Guest eddie palmer
ive just applied for the visas for the family and am feeling nervous cos its all become real! how long ago did you first apply?

kerry

hi kerry we have been trying for the best part of 2 yrs but it seems as if it will go ahead in april/may . I have hade to go down the business route and it has cost us more money but it you want it you have to go for it . Wher are you trying to go ? we are going to the sunshine coase as we have family there one in alex headlands and my wifes mum & dad have a house in cloundra this is where we will be staying untill we can get things sorted and our house sold in the uk

Guest eddie palmer

hi kate

we are trying to go to the sunshine coast if thing go to plan in april/may . It will be around colundra area thanks for the reply

eddie

Guest eddie palmer

thanks sheena

we are trying to go to the sunshine coast coloundra thanks for the reply if i need any mor info ill look you up

eddie

Hi Eddie welcome to the site ,you will pick loads of info up by havng a read of the different sections. In regards to your shiping its untreated wood/pine customs seem to frown upon and your electrical items will work with a bit of tweaking (some tv's need to be run via a set top box or vhs),dont forget plenty of plug adapotors until you have time to change the plugs!

Cal x

Archived