CPV Visa information

jewatt

Hi everyone thought I would let you know I was in touch with POPC this morning as I am now completing the final stage on my own due to being given another new agent anyway I managed to find out our Q date " 27th June 2007" and on checking we are now sitting at 10 which is great news so shouldn't be much longer hope this helps for anyone who came after these dates,

We still don't know who our CO is but a very nice lady on the end of the phone is going to do all she can to get the information I want and hopefully phone me back ( time will tell) will just phone again next week until I get it.

Good Luck everyone who is waiting like us.

Evelyn:arghh:

Guest OldiesRUs

Oh, I'm so confused about all this queueing business. We haven't been given a Q date and in fact our CO hasn't even mentioned anything about a Q. As you know we are waiting for the request for 2nd VAC - AOS paid at the beginning of July.

Despite devouring all Gill's information about Qs and her conversation with Alan Collett on the Go Matilda website, it is all still a complete and utter mystery to me. I was thinking (hoping) that it didn't apply to us, but after reading your post, I'm not so sure now.

I'll just sit here and wait for the 2nd payment request and hope that it comes through by the end of next week, which is when our CO said she would be requesting it.

Jean:wubclub:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Evelyn

I am really pleased to hear that you have been in touch with the POPC and learned for yourself how much easier it is just to deal with them yourself!

I am a bit sceptical about your Queue Date, though. Please see this link:

Parent Visa Processing Priorities - Family - Visas & Immigration

I quote from it:

The queue date is the date that the application was assessed as meeting the initial criteria for a contributory parent category visa.

As I understand it, your application was submitted in June 2007 and acknowledged in July 2007.

Much as I hate to say this, I think you should question the POPC again. All visa applications go through 3 distinct processing phases. They are:

1. Is it a valid application? (Certain of the documents are essential or the application will not be a valid one, plus the 1st payment must be offered.)

2. Does the application meet the initial criteria? (Various tests at that point which I won't bore you with.)

3. Does it meet the secondary criteria as well?

In very simple terms:

1.1. If the application is valid it will be accepted into the system, the fee taken and an acknowledgement sent.

2.2. Some months later, a CO will examine the file. Provided that the main legal criteria are met (eg the Balance of Family is met, the Sponsor is a settled Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident) then the initial, legal criteria are satisfied and so the CO will add the applicants to the Queue, reserve the visas and move the application onwards.

3.3. The third stage is ensuring that the secondary criteria are met as well, which are:

A. Meds OK

B. Police OK

C. AoS OK and in place.

D. The 2nd Instalment has been paid.

Then and only then can the visas be granted.

Therefore unless the Queue is not working in the way that DIAC say it is, I suspect that it is more likely that 27th June 2007 is simply the date on which your application reached the POPC?

It sounds from your description that the girl you spoke with is not one of the COs but is merely one of the junior staff. The juniors are competent to check for validity, organise paying the money into DIAC's account and to send acknowledgement letters. Beyond that, they know little if anything about the visa involved.

It is possible that the girl you spoke with does not understand how the Queue & Queue Calculator work.

I would therefore - with regret - wait until you can speak with your properly senior CO before you set too much store on the idea that you have been given an accurate date for your queue date, chooks.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived