So many suburbs!!!!!

Guest Chedder

Guest Chedder

Can anyone help??

We are applying for our 136 visa and will hopefully be relocating to Brisbane next year. We have heard that the Sunshine Coast is a good area for work in the trades as my hubby is a plumbing and heating enginner.

But there seems to be so many areas to live can anyone give us some info on where is good, bad etc.... as we just seem to be going round in circles at the min.

We have a 3 month old son too so school will be important eventually!!!!

Thank you in advance

Chedder :wacko:

Hello.

I am not looking at the Sunshine Coast so I personally can't really advise on this one. There are loads of people living there and going there so I am sure you will get some helpful replies. I thought I would answer you just so your question goes back to the top of the list again.

Good luck,

Kate

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi,

My husband is a plumber and heating engineer and found work within a week of looking! There is a reasonable amount here on the Sunny coast, so I dont think it will be too much of a problem finding work. A point to note is that Ian is only plumbing, as they dont have central heating up here (it doesnt get cold enough!)

Lou

Guest Ian&Lou

Sorry totally missed the fact that you asked about suburbs. It really does depend on what you are looking for. Do you want to be near the coast or in the hinterland, mountain views etc? Do you want to be in a large town or somewhere more quiet.

It may be worth looking at jobs online to see where the majority are based. Also look at rental prices if you are having to work closely to a budget.

Chellem & Itsjo are relocation agents based here on the Sunshine coast so will be able to provide you with info on schools, suburbs rentals etc.

But as I said Ian managed to find a decent paid job in the first week of looking, so it's certainly doesnt seem that hard to find plumbing work here on the coast.

Lou

Guest Chedder
Hi

the sunshine coast really is a beautiful place to live and there is some thing here for every one - if you want to be rural then places like Maleny and Montville are all stunning. Coastal wise you cant go wrong with Caloundra - there are some lovely housing estates being built in that area at the min, close to the beach with good schools. If you want to be some where in the middle then you can look at Glasshouse, Beerwah, Landsborough or Mooloolah and Mooloolah Valley.

Other suburbs are Little Mountain, Sippy Downs, Buderim, Mooloolaba...........have a look on www.sunshinecoast.org that might give you a better idea or you can also have a look at www.realestate.com.au that should give you an idea of the housing in those areas and prices.

If you want to know any thing else just let me know

cheers

chelle

Thank you very much thats great i will def be checking them out.

Archived