licences???

koxxwasp

Guest Pinhead

You can drive on a UK licence for 3 months and then you have to get an aussie one which should just be a case of paying a small at the licencing centre (that's certainly the case in VIC).

Guest Davidgolf

Hi you can drive on your uk licence for 3 months then you must get an ozzie one and its very simple all you do is go to your nearest licence centre and they take a photo of you and then make your licence up while you wait and you pay $60 if i rember right ,but dont quote me on the price lol.

Sharon x

Guest cbr1100XX
We are moving to Mackay very soon and I would like to know if our UK licences will be enough to drive in Australia or do we need a new one.

We have both been driving over 15 years and have full UK licences.

Please advise.

thanks.

John

Hi

If you are on PR then you need to get a license within 3 months (NSW for sure). These can be 1, 3 or 5 year licenses, the longer you take the cheaper per year they are.

If your a temporary resident (457) you don't need to get an Aussie license and can drive on your UK one.

This was the advice I received from the RTA and I have been random breath tested by the Police and produced my UK license with no further issues.

cbr...

Archived