Old Friends...

Guest JacquiHH

Guest JacquiHH

We (me, OH & our four children) are moving to Melbourne Sept/Oct this year!!! Just sold our house which everyone said we wouldn't, so don't lose hope if you reading this and are still on the market.

Anyway the reason for my post is that I was wondering if anyone else had experienced a situation where they are really good friends with someone but once they have been told that you're emigrating they back off!! I'm not saying that all my friends are like this as most have been incredibly supportive but just one or two. I feel really let down and can't believe that when you really need people they just aren't there!! These are people that I have known for years, my bridesmaids!! I suppose in situations like this you really see who your friends are!

On the up side we are really excited and looking forward to meeting new friends in Melbourne....:unsure:

Guest Bonniebuster

hi

That is encouraging that you have sold congratulations.

I think friends some times feel you are abandoning them and because you are leving a place they seem to take it personally. We have had a lot of negativity about our move and some people have been quite aggressive about it. I think the best thing is to stay in touh with them and as you say the real friends will come round to the idea. I wish I had made the move when my 4 children were young, instead they have gone on without me.

Best of luck and all goes smoothly

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

Please don't worry this happens to a lot of us. I think a lot of it is jealousy because maybe your reality was their dream. Some friends are just dumbstruck, if you are really close to them it's like your loosing a friend and you will never see them again.

I am sure your friends will come round, but hey don't let them make you feel guilty and don't let them get you down!!! You will make some great friends out here.

Archived