Comming to Melbourne

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi All

We had some good news today i had a telephone interview today with the woods group and at the end of it they offered me the job so Melbourne here we come!

So if anyone wants to keep in touch and maybe meet up with me and my family that would be great becuase we dont know anyone in melbourne and we could do with all the friends we can get lol

Jonathan 33, Emma 32 Anya 7, Neve 4

Job offer 18th August

Excepted job offer 18th August

Roll on Australia

Guest emma cant wait to go!

Hello! And congratulations! You must be soooooo excited!Where abouts in Melbourne are you going to? And When? We are hoping to be in Point Cook by end of Sept/Oct. OH had a phone interview this morning and has another during the night tonite ( ironically from his current work as he's on nights!) The first we wont know the outcome of for another week, as although OH is more skilled, they have 2 locals to interview too! There are 2 posts though so fingers crossed!

All the best with making your arrangements Emma x

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi Emma

Yeah we are really excited weve just got to sell our house its been on the market for 3 weeks and we have had a fair bit of interest so fingers crossed we sell soon! The good thing about the company im going to work for is that they have told me that theres no hurry and that i tell them when we are comming and just give them a months notice so thats great for us.And they have given us a good package ie meeting us at the airport organising housing etc so it all helps.

What job is your husband applying for mines a vehicle painter ?

They told us it can take upto 4mnths for the visa so we are hoping to have a last christmas here then of we go.

As for location they have 2o body shops in melbourne and basically it could be anyone of them so we wont now untill its further down the line.

What part would you be going to if you get the job?

Stay in touch becuase like i said we could all do with friends lol.

Jonathan Emma Anya Neve

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Oh and another thing if you havnt used it yet go on to google earth and tipe in the area of melbourne you want to and you can actually look and follow the actuall streets its really good and worth doing.

Guest emma cant wait to go!

Hi, Thats great that they'll wait for you, I so hope you have some fast luck with your house sale! My hubby works for Jaguar, in production of new XF, we got the visa granted in July its a spouse one so was fairly quick and we sold house in January, we're in a rental thats up at the end of September, so frantically trying to get "employed" before we go, just so we have the security of some income. Think if it was just us going without children we'd take the gamble and go without a job, but don't want to use all the equity from our house just to live!

It's great to stay in touch let me know how your house sale goes!!

x

Guest The Pom Queen

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! You must be so wrapped!! Wow you can start the new year in a new country!!! You should arrive to see the New Year in here

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi

Yeah we are really excited i just think and hope lol that its just gonna be such a better way of life for us and the girls.Just gonna need to make some friends because we dont know anyone in melbourne and that would make the emigration alot easier.

We would love to come for new year but i dont think we will make it that quick so it mught have to be the following new year my wife will love that shes always saying she would love to come to oz to see the new year in.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi

Yeah we are really excited i just think and hope lol that its just gonna be such a better way of life for us and the girls.Just gonna need to make some friends because we dont know anyone in melbourne and that would make the emigration alot easier.

We would love to come for new year but i dont think we will make it that quick so it mught have to be the following new year my wife will love that shes always saying she would love to come to oz to see the new year in.

Well hopefully she will be able to see the New Year in Melbourne soon:yes:

You are more than welcome to pm me anytime and we can definately meet up when you come over. Have you any idea of where you will live in Melbourne?

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

hi

Yeah she would love it lol

Well because they are a big company and they have 20 car repair shops they wount be able to tell us untill a month before we tell them we are comming out.

Yeah we would love to stay in touch ill pm you and let you know how things are going and perhaps we can all have a barbie lol.

What part of melbourne are you living in and do u like melbourne as a whole?

Guest The Pom Queen
hi

Yeah she would love it lol

Well because they are a big company and they have 20 car repair shops they wount be able to tell us untill a month before we tell them we are comming out.

Yeah we would love to stay in touch ill pm you and let you know how things are going and perhaps we can all have a barbie lol.

What part of melbourne are you living in and do u like melbourne as a whole?

If they have 20 repair shops that should give you a great chance of finding somewhere were you and the family will like to live, and probably when your established within the company they will let you move between them.

We are in the South East Suburbs and love it, we have been here four years now but it still seems like yesterday. My children were unsure about moving to Australia but they say they love it and never want to go back to the UK even for a holiday. The children have lots to do and are in to sports, swimming, surfing, karate and soccer so they are always busy. The weather is cool here at the moment but to be honest it is nice to get a break from the 30 -40 degree summer heat.

There are so many different suburbs/areas in Melbourne that if you don't like one you can drive 10 minutes out and find another that is perfect. I like where we live at the minute as we are 10 minutes from the beach, 20 minutes to the rainforests and handy for the highway. I am sure you will love it here and so will the children.

Archived