whats geelong like

Guest andrewbatt

I live on the other side of Port Phillip Bay but we do visit Geelong and I like Geelong, its a nice city and handy for the surf beaches and Lorne. Near the Great Ocean Road. It has some lovely houses close into the City. There are many suburbs where people commute to Geelong to work. Some people actually work in Melbourne and take the train.

Its becoming built up most of the way these days with the new Estates going in.

Port Arlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff are all in the area.

Have a look at realestate.com.au and it will show you the types of houses available in the area.

Also use Google earth as you can look at the Streets and areas in and around Geelong.

Guest The Pom Queen

Geelong is a very popular area, the only downside is the commute to the CBD and the Westgate Bridge but if you don't need to work in the CBD then it will be worth considering.

Geelong is great and the poms are belatedly catching o to it, we live in torquay which is fantastic (small beachy town). If you do a serach you will see some threads to Geelong. Highton is a lovely area in Geelong

Take a look and then compare it to other suburbs.

Cheers

Fi

Guest andrewbatt

thanks everyone are there shops and bars etc in geelong and does anyone work a the hospital there i am a nurse

We've got family in Geelong (Highton, Newtown & Ocean Grove) and we love the place.

As its the 2nd largest city in Victoria, its got plenty of shops, bars & restaurants. Its near to the Great Ocean Road & not too far from Melbourne if you need to commute although the drive over the Westgate bridge is a 'mare.

House prices are a lot more affordable than Melbourne (on the whole) and there are plenty of nice areas. It's not paradise as there are some areas that aren't so good (same as anywhere) but there are also some areas a bit further out, such as Leopold & Grovedale, where you can get good houses for a very good price.

We liked it so much, we've applied to emigrate & live there. Fingers crossed!

Archived