A Little Update from the Sharmans

NTH SHARMAN

Hi you four. Great to hear from you.

Good luck with the meds. They aren't anything to worry about, honestly.

Hayleigh is loving her school. I know she's not been there long, but I feel we made a good choice. She has lots of friends and they are all really nice (Hayleigh's words there ha ha.) She has also made loads of friends at swimming squad. The uniform is the only thing she doesn't like about school, but it is what it is, a uniform. Everyone looks the same in school and on days when they have sport or PE, they are allowed to wear their PE kit all day.

I might be in the minority here, but I actually prefer the ducted heating to radiators. I know people will be shouting at their computers now, but I've always found the idea of boiling hot water running around the house in copper pipes a bit odd. The house has been cold in the mornings, but it doesn't take long to heat up once the switch is flicked. We had our first electric and gas bills the other week and they were a lot less than our UK ones.

You're right to do a big clothes shop for the girls. I'd get them the next sizes up as well if you can. Thanks for the offer of bringing stuff Julie. Will send you a PM if we think of anything.

Not really suffered with homesickness to be honest. Of course we miss our parents, but when you speak on the phone, the miles just melt away. The only time we seem to feel down is when we dwell on the house not selling. Have you had any luck with yours??

Oh and please hurry up. I need my own hairdresser!!!!!!!!

T xxx

Guest ashmalog

your post is wonderful reading and i am so glad you have settled so far. where are you? you mentioned casey so is that the district of casey? we are looking to go to berwick or pakenham next year when we get the visa.

keep us all updated on your new life - i know everyone has different views and opinionsbut it is nice to hear it from everyone. we have been on a reckie so have an idea of what we want.

good luck and enjoy the freedom you have.

bonnie

Archived