Suburbs and Jobs

Guest milliemoo

Guest milliemoo

Hi everyone

We got our TRA passed last week so the hunt is really on now as to where to live around Perth.

We have looked areas north and south of river i.e. Rockingham, Mindarie. My OH is a pipe/fitter welder (boilermaker in Oz!) and having done some research we understand that Kwiana is quite industrialised and may be able to offer jobs in his trade.

What we want to know is:

1) what other areas are fairly industrialised

and

2) good suburbs within 30 min drive from these areas

We have two girls aged 2 and 8 so good schools etc a priority too.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks

Sorry cant answer your question but Congratulations on passing the TRA last week, that is such a major hurdle out of the way for you now. I also just wanted to say I love your avator it is such a beautiful cute picture, is it your daughter and your cat?

Guest milliemoo
Sorry cant answer your question but Congratulations on passing the TRA last week, that is such a major hurdle out of the way for you now. I also just wanted to say I love your avator it is such a beautiful cute picture, is it your daughter and your cat?

Thanks Kdal

The picture is not my daughter or my cat - although I do have both:yes:

Hi

We have a friend who is a welder and he lives in Success which is south of the river, there is a lot of boat building yards near by (about 10 mins drive to the coast) and he had no problems getting work at all. Success is a lovely place to live, they have two children also.

North of the river the industrial areas are Osborne Park and Balcatta - there will be more but those are places to start for work.

Hope this helps a little?

Guest emi-great

There is a lot of work here in the South for boilermakers both on the Kwinana strip & in Mandurah.

Check out the following sites for information on the area

www.rockinghamwa.com.au

www.mymandurah.com.au

www.mandurahwa.com.au

www.peeltour.net.au

www.anabella.net.au

www.emi-great.com

job sites as follows

www.seek.com.au

www.mycareer.com.au

www.alljobs.com.au

Congratulations & good luck with the move