• Announcements

• The Pom Queen

New Forum Upgrade   03/24/2017

On behalf of the admin and moderators of the forum we would like to thank you for your patience during the forum upgrade.  We understand that members don't like change, but unfortunately we had to move with the times. There are lots of exciting changes and features to be made in the coming weeks, however, our priority was to get you all back online as quickly as possible. There is a thread in Forum Q & A (accessible via the link below) if there are any urgent issues please post them in there then we can monitor one thread instead of missing posts. Thank you once again The Pom Queen and Cerberus1 ADMIN
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest afs

Travel Insurance

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm going out to Australia for a year (initially) plus 1 week in USA before I get there (on Working Holiday Visa). Does anyone know of anywhere I can get insurance to cover this 'extended stay'. American Express do and they gave me a quote but I wanted to shop around. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but one that is good.

:) Hi - you could use an annual travel policy I think - I use OinC - Online Insurance Company for the last 2 years - good policies to choose froma dn good proces.

hope this helps!

Hi, I'm going out to Australia for a year (initially) plus 1 week in USA before I get there (on Working Holiday Visa). Does anyone know of anywhere I can get insurance to cover this 'extended stay'. American Express do and they gave me a quote but I wanted to shop around. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but one that is good.

I found this site to be most helpful when looking for decent Insurance last year:

http://www.cheaptravelinsurance.com.au/default.asp?WT.srch=1

They review and score quite a few providers, depending on the type you need. :wink:

Thanks for the info everyone. Has anyone used Worldnomads insurance - they look really good

Yeah mate, that's who I used last year based on the great reviews and score they received.

I didn't need to use the policy, thankfully, so can't comment on that.

Thanks for the info everyone. Has anyone used Worldnomads insurance - they look really good

Thanks, I think I will be opting for them also, I like the fact you can extend your policy as many times as you want.