Sign in to follow this  
Guest afs

Travel Insurance

Guest afs

Hi, I'm going out to Australia for a year (initially) plus 1 week in USA before I get there (on Working Holiday Visa). Does anyone know of anywhere I can get insurance to cover this 'extended stay'. American Express do and they gave me a quote but I wanted to shop around. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but one that is good.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest BrerRabbit

:) Hi - you could use an annual travel policy I think - I use OinC - Online Insurance Company for the last 2 years - good policies to choose froma dn good proces.

hope this helps!

Hi, I'm going out to Australia for a year (initially) plus 1 week in USA before I get there (on Working Holiday Visa). Does anyone know of anywhere I can get insurance to cover this 'extended stay'. American Express do and they gave me a quote but I wanted to shop around. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but one that is good.

I found this site to be most helpful when looking for decent Insurance last year:

http://www.cheaptravelinsurance.com.au/default.asp?WT.srch=1

They review and score quite a few providers, depending on the type you need. :wink:

Guest afs

Thanks for the info everyone. Has anyone used Worldnomads insurance - they look really good

Yeah mate, that's who I used last year based on the great reviews and score they received.

I didn't need to use the policy, thankfully, so can't comment on that.

Thanks for the info everyone. Has anyone used Worldnomads insurance - they look really good

Guest afs

Thanks, I think I will be opting for them also, I like the fact you can extend your policy as many times as you want.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By oliviaaaa
        Hey, my friend and I are both thinking of moving to the bay next year even though parents aren't happy so the won't help us find the information on the bay. We would like to know is it worth it for a year fresh out of school? Can we study there? Is it expensive? Will we find work? Are the bills manageable on a teen wage? Is there financial support there? Is it recommended for two best friends who want out of home?
      • By RFHLFC1984
        I have the opportunity to move to Australia with work and was wondering what the situation is with medical treatment.
        For example if I need to see a GP or am admitted to hospital etc.
        Obviously in the UK this is free under the NHS but what is the deal in Australia please?
      • By greenwoodryan96
        Hi guys, first post here! 

Okay, so basically, I'm wondering what the best way to do this is. 
        I would like to apply for a partner visa subclass 309 (the one which ends with permanent residency after 2 years) so I can live in Australia with my girlfriend (she's the Aussie) and also be able to travel back and forward to the UK without having to get a different visa each and every time. 
        We are both currently in the UK, and she has until June 30th 2018 until her UK working holiday visa expires and has to go back to Australia, and obviously I want to go too!
        Problem is, on the Aussie immigration website, it says the current processing time for the 309 temporary visa is 70% completed in 13 months, and 90% in 16 months. June is only 10 months away. 
        What's the best way to go about this? Is there a different visa I can get to go to Australia in June next year and apply for my Partner Visa? Am I even allowed to travel to Australia on a separate visa whilst my partner one is being processed? 
        Or is it better to go to Australia on a 6/12 months visitor visa, then apply for my partner visa whilst I'm there (if that's even allowed)? 
        Thank you so much in advance! This is a confusing and slightly stressful process, but obviously so, so worth it. 
      • By Frukoz
        Hello there,
        I really can't get to grips with the health insurance requirements for 457 visa...
        So, I am told I need insurance coverage when applying.
        Well, I live in the UK so I have the NHS. When I land in Australia I can sign up to Medicare which is granted on the spot. So why do I need extra insurance?
        Do I need travel insurance for my journey from UK to Australia? Do I need MORE than basic medicare access once in Australia - are they saying I need additional private insurance (I was going to get that anyway)? I just don't understand what is required here. I'm covered in both countries but I'm told I need to register for insurance. Very confusing!
        Anyway, can someone just explain this to me because it's quite frustrating! Is there a bog standard solution to sorting this all out that is tried and tested across the forum.
        Much obliged!
        Frukoz
      • By The Pom Queen

Bob at PetAir http://www.petairuk.com/ has teamed up with Pomsinoz to bring you all the ins and outs on shipping your loved ones to the other side of the world. As Bob is a qualified vet I am sure he will also be happy to answer any other worries or concerns you may have during this process.
        Bob can also explain all the latest updates in regards to the rabies vaccination etc.
        To ask Bob a question please visit his forum at http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/shipping-pets-ask-pet-air/