spouce sponsorship

Guest maykay

Guest maykay

Does anyone know if my partner was sponsored on a job what type of visa i would need to be out there with him - we have been hogether 3 years - he ppractically lives with me but not offically.

Amy hepl pleasseeeeee thanks x

Guest helen397

Hi Amy,

My fiance is being sponsored so I am his dependent and we are on a subclass 457 long stay visa but it's best to check with someone who really knows, I can only share with you my experience.

We have been together for nearly 2 years and like yourself we are never apart but nothing official as we have been travelling so basically it's been a bit of a struggle gathering all the required defacto information to prove your relationship, we managed to supply flight tickets with both our names a reciept for our engagement ring, passport stamps etc. and lots and lots of statutory declarations from each of you, parents, family doctors and friends.

It's taken us about a year of hard work to get this visa and the other day it was approved!!!!!!!

It might not take as long for you but it's proof that we struggled on.

I wish you luck Amy let me know if I can help anymore.

Helen xx

Guest maykay

Helen,

Thank you so much for that, we plan on going in about 12 mths when he has completed his course. May be agood idea to have his post re directed to my mums house... for the next 12 mths at least. Sois yoru partner actually living sponsored out hteer now and you are tryoign to attain a visa or can you appli the same time as his sponsorship is going through. Sorry to ask so may questions...and thank again xx

Guest helen397

Hi Amy,

Your very welcome for the info.

My fiance got the job over the internet and we started the proceedure together, an immigration lawyer employed by the company sponsoring Craig handled everything and lodged the application for the both of us at the same time so we were both approved at the same time and are both planning to go over to Canberra in 3 weeks together.

Just let me know if I can help some more.

Regards

Helen xx

Archived