we are reintroducing ourselves

marco&kaza

Hi everyone I read but rarely post on here so now that we are finally in Australia I am reintroducing ourselves to all of you.I am Karen my OH is Mark and we have 2 boys Dan whos nearly 13 and Alex whos 10.We are lucky in the sense that we have a friend who already lives in oz and hes helped us a hell of a lot.We arrived in Brizzy on the 27th June and have spent the last 6 weeks getting to know the area.We have settled in Windaroo which is about half an hour from both the Gold Coast and Brizzy.My OH is already on his 2nd job (hes a brickie) cuz the 1st didnt pay any of his subbies so they all walked off site.Hes now working for a company and hes building a school in Ormeau which takes him about 20mins to get there.Both the kids have started school and they are loving their new lives here and have both made lots of new friends.I havent started work as of yet but hope to work from home as im a machinist and i have got a job lined up when we get our furniture which is another story.The ship carrying our crate docked at Sydney instead of Brizzy which is a pain but never mind!!!

Well better go now Karen

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Karen and family

Welcome to PIO, hope your OH is enjoying his 2nd job and the kids are loving Brisbane.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Welcome to Brissie and PIO!

We have been here over 3 adn a half years.

For us.....................its getting better and better!

Guest Redaussies

Hey Folks, A big big welcome to you both. Sound like you are settling in nicely and making it work here. It's a lovely place and has so much to offer.

Good luck, :smile::smile:

REDDERS

Guest julie2g1b

hi karen

welcome to pio glad you are sorted, how is your hubby finding working over there compaired to uk as oh is a brickie and worried what will be like and advice would be great .................

hope you get your shipping sorted soon as will help you with your own things

good luck with your new life

julie :wubclub:

Guest BLOWERS
hi everyone i read but rarely post on here so now that we are finally in australia i am reintroducing ourselves to all of you.i am karen my oh is mark and we have 2 boys dan whos nearly 13 and alex whos 10.we are lucky in the sense that we have a friend who already lives in oz and hes helped us a hell of a lot.we arrived in brizzy on the 27th june and have spent the last 6 weeks getting to know the area.we have settled in windaroo which is about half an hour from both the gold coast and brizzy.my oh is already on his 2nd job (hes a brickie) cuz the 1st didnt pay any of his subbies so they all walked off site.hes now working for a company and hes building a school in ormeau which takes him about 20mins to get there.both the kids have started school and they are loving their new lives here and have both made lots of new friends.i havent started work as of yet but hope to work from home as im a machinist and i have got a job lined up when we get our furniture which is another story.the ship carrying our crate docked at sydney instead of brizzy which is a pain but never mind!!!

Well better go now karen

welcome to brisbane,me and my wife have been here 14 months and love it.hope you get on well and all the best..........

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.I`ve been speaking to the shippers and we`ve now had to pay a wharf storage fee because they didnt get to it on time.But they have said that they are bringing our container next wed.So xmas is coming early for us with all the unpacking of everything!!

Cheers Karen

Hi Julie

My OH finds the way they lay bricks here very different to the way hes used to doing it.He`s now laying blocks which is different again but he`s` slowly getting the hang of it.OH said that it mostly straight forward here and that everyone is really friendly and hes working with a scot and an irish lad!!Where are you heading to?

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to Windaroo. :cool:

We have been here for a year now and loving it too. We also live on one of those gated estates on the golf course. Our eldest goes to Windaroo V high and our youngest goes to Windaroo state school. and if the world is not small enough, Im also a bricklayer!

All the best, M

Guest julie2g1b
Hi Julie

My OH finds the way they lay bricks here very different to the way hes used to doing it.He`s now laying blocks which is different again but he`s` slowly getting the hang of it.OH said that it mostly straight forward here and that everyone is really friendly and hes working with a scot and an irish lad!!Where are you heading to?

Karen

hiya were heading to perth going SOR depending where the work is really, going over to validate in nov so will have a good look around....plus hubby said he will speak to some people while over there see first hand.......

good luck and have a brill new life in oz

julie :wubclub:

Archived