second thoughts

Guest michelle

Guest michelle

hi amanda, bob, and ginnie, thankyou all for your words of support they mean alot, we are only at the stage of the trades recognition to mandy so we are probably about the same stages where abouts in brisbane are you planning to move to we have thought about wynnum and manley west only because friends of our friends live there and they love the area,would be great to keep in touch let me know where your heading if you know yet,you never know we could even meet up when we are out there would be great to meet someone in the same situation will keep you posted on our application by for now.

Guest mandymoo

Hi Michelle,

We are hoping to go to FitzGibbon or maybe Albany Creek. However, we are open to suggestions!! The only reason we say those two is because FitzGibbon is where we stayed when we were out there, and Albany Creek are where some friends of friends are. Both areas seem nice. Also, if Darren ends up getting this job in Brisbane, its at a place called Stafford Park, and both of these areas aren't too far for him to travel. I am really hoping that Darren gets a job in Brisbane, but we never know. There are places in Sydney and Adelaide. At the moment we are e-mailing loads of companies with his CV so seeing who gets in touch.

So, have you put in your Skills Assessment yet?? We are hoping to get the visa app in by the end of October now. Feel a tad calmer about everything at the minute!!!!

Please keep in touch, and like you say, if we both end up in Brisbane, would be nice to meet up. You never know!!!!

Bye for now Amanda

Feeling miserable today..made the decision yesterday that I didn't want to go as I couldn't handle the homesickness and will just miss everyone too much. BUT got up to a dark rainy morning got on the tube and felt like I was mad again....every time I make a decision one way I feel different the next day..hhheeelllp

:cry:

Hi JC :)

I'm with you at the mo! :(

Had the news from my agents that I will have to delay my move by 12 months :roll: Since this news I have changed my mind a few times a day! Had got myself geared up for my new start but now I see complications everywhere :(

It's so tuff this waiting game, was hoping this was going to be my last winter :cry:

I suppose I will keep playing the waiting game and looking at other options :?:

Hope it all works out for you whichever way you decide.

Good luck with it all. Keep smiling even if it is just mania!! :shock:

SCoop

Would you rather regret doing it or not doing it !?!

Thanks Scoop. I'm sorry to hear you have to wait another 12 months, in ozzie words 'that sucks'. My application has been relatively easy so far so I have no excuse to be feeling this way and we both have great job offers. To be honest I have been on another website and some of the stuff on there is really starting to have a negative effect. Maybe I should just stop reading and see what happens.

Good luck Scoop I feel for you I really do.

Hi JC

It's not the other Poms in OZ forum per chance?

I felt that one was very negative and depressing myself! :roll:

It's a big move don't be so hard on yourself hun.

Sharon

:)

Guest mandymoo

Hi JC

I totally understand what you are going through, coz I feel exactly the same. One minute I'm yep this is for the best, and today, well I'm feeling that its not. To be honest, its such a HUGE move that I really don't know if its for the best or not.

In the back of my mind, rightly or wrongly, I keep thinking if it doesn't work out, you can always come home!!

I'm sure everything will work out for the best eh.

Hope it all works out for you.

Amanda x

Guest michelle

hi everyone, well i spoke to my cousin yesterday who is home for a few weeks from australia,she has been living there for the last 14 years and after speaking to her i don't think i will have any more doubts she did'nt have anything negetive to say she went out there not knowing anyone and has made a brilliant life for herself and her 2 kids she has had since moving there ,her 13 year old daughter said she could'nt possibly live in this country because it is to depressing,as much as she loves coming to visit everyone she can't wait to get back and listening to them really has settled me down our life style is going to completely change for the better i can't wait now to give my children the opportunity hers has got it really has calmed me down talking to her i am actually for the first time since we started the application looking forward to it ,and at the worst we can always come home and at least we will have given it a go with no regrets.

Guest nuttycaz

Hi Michelle

What interesting reading, as with a lot of people on here I too feel very nervous about moving...... After reading that your cousin's 13 year old seemed to be very happy, it made me feel a bit more settled about my 13 year old's feelings. I think that this has been one of the biggest worries in this whole move. There seems to be a lot of people moving with little ones and not so many with older children. I so much want my two to be happy, and I am sure they will be. I think there is soooooo much to think about isn't there!!

Good luck with all your plans

Cazzy

Guest michelle

hi cazz, yeah theres loads to think about i know because i've thought about them all,hope your move goes well where will you be heading for? will keep in touch. by for now.

Guest nuttycaz

Hi Michelle

We are heading for Geelong in the new year, praps Highton area?? Husband been there but I haven't :cry:

Lots to look forward to!! Wish the stomach would agree with me !!!!

Take care Cazzy :D

• 3 months later...

Bet, we also fly out on the 19th to Melbourne, nite flight from Heathrow.

We have just passed over into a surreal state of excitement, we have all the loose end tied-up are we have had all the get to-gathers all done bar 1(my close family). We have just recently had our final doubts and fears, (you need to go down every channel with each other about fears, wants, and needs) but we are so together now and focused that we feel that it is all going to work out just brilliant!! Its just getting past the final push but once you have that completed you feel as if you’re in the clear.

Family are really our main concern now and how we are going to cope with out them. Our children are 18 & 14 and well up My dad is 78 and my mums 77 and my wife’s mother has just turned 70 so we know we will have to make 3 journeys home at some stage, but we are all only a day away.

All I can say is to keep going forward.

You know what they say, if you’re not going forward your standing still.

Good luck to everyone…

Archived