Anyone living in Campbelltown?

Guest Sereena

Hi folks, I have lived and worked in the Campbelltown and Camden areas for over 38 years. Love the place. I now live at Narellan Vale near Mt Annan and have kids and Grandkids in both areas.

Having been an operational Police officer for 32 years (now retired) and worked in Campbelltown and Camden for many years I know both areas extremely well. Campbelltown when I first moved there in 72 was a lovely little country town that has turned into a metropolis. It has it's problem areas but also plenty of nice areas to live. Park Central is one of those nice ones. As for Camden, which includes Mt Annan, Harrington park and Narellan vale, I retired from the Police with camden as my last Station and can assure you that it is a great area to live in with a relatively low crime rate compared to most. Take it from me, I wouldn't have purchased my retirement home in a suburb that had big problems. When you read through this site you will find some self appointed 'experts' on crime and the suburbs of Sydney espousing their 'expertise' on suburbia etc. Don't take too much notice, if you want to know how good or bad a suburb is or the crime rate ask someone who actually knows from years of experience, ie, a copper who has worked there.

To those moving to Mt Annan, if you want my phone number just ask, my wife and I are more than willing to assist with the teething problems of migration and you will find plenty of shopping for the girls. We only have one problem in this area, it's called Narellan Rd but you will find out all about that when you arrive.

• 8 years later...

Archived