Anyone living in Campbelltown?

Guest Sereena

Guest Sereena

Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone is living in the Campbelltown area of NSW? Myself, my husband & our nearly 1 year old son have been here for a couple of months now, but I am finding it quite lonely being home all day with the little one. Been over to one of the play-groups, but it's very 'clicky', so wondered if there were any fellow poms in the area? Would be great to hear from anyone. Thx

Guest GSXRDAVE

We should have been there in july but its gonna be september now, i will be working in campbelltown but looking at starting to rent in Mt Annan.

Weve got 2 kids coming with us. Im sure my mrs would meet up with you when we get there shes very good at shopping and coffee bars :biglaugh:

Where abouts are you living and whats it like.

Guest Sereena

Do I guess by your name you're into bikes? If so, then you & my hubby should get on great as he's a bike fanatic! We had to sell his Ducati 749 to come out here & they cost a bomb here - he's not a happy man without his bike!

Whereabouts in Campbelltown will you be working? We live opposite Macarthur Square shopping centre in a place called Park Central. It's a really handy location to be in, but too tempting for the shops! So far, we like it here, although we really wouldn't want to be up the other end of the city as that appears to be the dodgy end! We live on a new development & it seems nice enough.

What's the delay on you getting out here? Would be great to maybe all meet up when you finally make it!

Guest lee winspear
We should have been there in july but its gonna be september now, i will be working in campbelltown but looking at starting to rent in Mt Annan.

Weve got 2 kids coming with us. Im sure my mrs would meet up with you when we get there shes very good at shopping and coffee bars :biglaugh:

Where abouts are you living and whats it like.

we are moving to mount annan on the 2nd september but are finding it hard to rent from over here so we have booked into a caravan site in elderslie for two weeks first we are from just outside york and have two boys aged 9 & 14

Guest Kev, Kaz & Ellie

Hi there, we are new members and this is our first post. I'm an Aussie originally so my husband and I are hoping to move out to Oz with our little girl in the next year or two. We will be moving to the Campbelltown area as that's where my family live now. Not that that helps you now! Just wanted to say sorry you were feeling lonely. Campbelltown is a nice area and I'm sure you will make some good friends soon.

Perhaps you could join a sports team or some craft classes?? My Mum made some friends that way when we first moved there.

Guest Sereena

Thanks for your replies..when all of you that aren't already here make it you'll have to give us a shout & we can perhaps all meet up!

Good luck with the move - it's not easy, but worth it in the end!

Guest GSXRDAVE
Do I guess by your name you're into bikes? If so, then you & my hubby should get on great as he's a bike fanatic! We had to sell his Ducati 749 to come out here & they cost a bomb here - he's not a happy man without his bike!

Whereabouts in Campbelltown will you be working? We live opposite Macarthur Square shopping centre in a place called Park Central. It's a really handy location to be in, but too tempting for the shops! So far, we like it here, although we really wouldn't want to be up the other end of the city as that appears to be the dodgy end! We live on a new development & it seems nice enough.

What's the delay on you getting out here? Would be great to maybe all meet up when you finally make it!

Yes im into bikes and ill be bringing 2 out there with me, because they are one off specials ive built myself, and i could never replace them or rebuild them in oz.

I will be working at Sydney City Motorcycles as a motorcycle technician. Ive been told of the good and bad areas so weve for the moment settled on Mt Annan.

The delay has not been able to sell the house so its now up for rent so we can go. Yes it would be good to meet up and pick each others brains on everything a good way to find things out. Also got 2 girls in tow aged 4 and 16.

Guest GSXRDAVE
we are moving to mount annan on the 2nd september but are finding it hard to rent from over here so we have booked into a caravan site in elderslie for two weeks first we are from just outside york and have two boys aged 9 & 14

Can you believe it we must be a stones throw from you (ok maybe not) we are in north leeds and we are looking at Mt Annan.

Let us know how you get on and wheres good to live.

Hi everyone

We live nr Camden, was on Mount Annan til a month ago. I dont work so am available for coffee/shopping/ermm more shopping etc anytime.

Dave, I will email this week, promise, had big problems with internet since moving to new house but its all sorted now.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Sam xxx

Guest GSXRDAVE
Hi everyone

We live nr Camden, was on Mount Annan til a month ago. I dont work so am available for coffee/shopping/ermm more shopping etc anytime.

Dave, I will email this week, promise, had big problems with internet since moving to new house but its all sorted now.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Sam xxx

Hiya Sam, Good to hear from you and look forward to the email, not working and shopping,coffee you will get on well with my other half :biglaugh:.

Watch it guys i can see whats gonna happen here we will be at work and the women out living it up.

Catch up with ya soon sam.

Guest Dave53

Hi to all the Campbelltownites ..Just found this thread , not sure how I missed it . We live in Tahmoor , a small town about 20 Miles South West of Campbelltown . Looks as if we could get quite a nice little group together here . Both my wife and I both work in Campbelltown , have done for some years now , and like marriage , for better or worse they say . Really looking forward to perhaps a meeting of the Campbelltown branch of the PIO mob ..

Best wishes to you all..

Dave and Marilyn C

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dave

With no traffic its about 10 mins from Mt Annan and 20/25 mins from Camden. I did it one night Camden to Sizzler in Campbelltown in 15 mins BUT I was speeding (naughty) and all the traffic lights were in my favour (I was late picking daughter up from work lol).

With traffic, in mornings or evenings and during school zone times then its more than double that.

I allow 15 mins to get from Camden to Mt Annan in the mornings for school as there are 3 school zones I have to go through (speed limit reduced to 40kph) but during the day its less than 10 mins.

The Narellan Rd is the worst and unfortunately there is no other way.

Sam x

Guest Princess_Leia

We will be moving interstate from Adelaide at the end of october and have thought about Mount Annan and surrounds to settle. You mention the 'not so nice' areas, where are they, please let me know!

Am really dreading the move as we have got great friends here in adelaide and was thinking that there wasn't going to be many poms around in sydney.

How do you think it will be for us to get a rental, will it be difficult from interstate as we won't be able to view the property?

Also schools, which are the good public primary schools etc.........soooooo many questions.........................please someone help me!!:notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GSXRDAVE

We have the same questions as you too about schools etc and will be there at the end of october. Spoke to people on here and other sites and Mt Annan, Narellan and Camden all seem good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Watch out we will be arriving in town on the 23rd of october:biglaugh:

Hi,

I'm new to PIO - joined early this week as really bored at work. The site is very addictive. I've been reading various threads and put some of my own on too. I have found that a lot of people are moving or have moved to Brisbane area and I couldn't find anyone who lived in Campbelltown - where I have lived for around 12 years (on and off). Did a search for Campbelltown and found that there are a few Brits who live out here.

Just wondered how your move went last month. Did you end up living in Campbelltown area. I live in M **** won't say it as I 'm sure its one of the suburbs you were told to definitely avoid. I bought a house and land package there 8 years ago - it was cheap enough at the time for me to buy on my meagre wage!

Would be great to hear from any fellow Brits who live in the Macarthur region.

Cheers.

We will be moving interstate from Adelaide at the end of october and have thought about Mount Annan and surrounds to settle. You mention the 'not so nice' areas, where are they, please let me know!

Am really dreading the move as we have got great friends here in adelaide and was thinking that there wasn't going to be many poms around in sydney.

How do you think it will be for us to get a rental, will it be difficult from interstate as we won't be able to view the property?

Also schools, which are the good public primary schools etc.........soooooo many questions.........................please someone help me!!:notworthy:

Hi Princess Leia,

How did the move to Mount Annan go? I live in the Macarthur area and wondered whether there were any other Brits there - most people on this site are either heading for or already living in Queensland!!

Cheers

Hiya

We live nr Camden, been here since January now and have settled well. We have made quite a few friends, all English though:spinny:, there are quite a few of us around lol.

I'm in the UK at to moment until 16th Dec so probably wont have time to reply again but please get in touch in a few weeks time.

Sam x

• 2 weeks later...

We are not too far from Campelltown / Camden either, in fact we are there every day , we work there ... Like many expats , most of our friends are from the UK too .. We've been here 21 years , we're almost locals ..:yesxmas:

Dave C

Archived