Autistic ADHD Adult

AuDHDSW

We’re at the beginning of looking into moving to Aus, both me and my husband are gathering the paperwork we need to submit to AASW to verify social work qualifications (both child protection social workers). I’m autistic and ADHD, only support I require is ADHD medication. I naively thought that working full time in a profession on the skills shortage without any supports in place beyond a monthly prescription, would be enough to demonstrate my neurodivergence isn’t going to be an excessive cost. Now it’s coming to paying $$$$ for skills assessments, I’m not so confident. Anyone have any experience obtaining a visa as an autistic/ adhd adult? Thanks 

On 28/04/2024 at 19:20, AuDHDSW said:

We’re at the beginning of looking into moving to Aus, both me and my husband are gathering the paperwork we need to submit to AASW to verify social work qualifications (both child protection social workers). I’m autistic and ADHD, only support I require is ADHD medication. I naively thought that working full time in a profession on the skills shortage without any supports in place beyond a monthly prescription, would be enough to demonstrate my neurodivergence isn’t going to be an excessive cost. Now it’s coming to paying $$$$ for skills assessments, I’m not so confident. Anyone have any experience obtaining a visa as an autistic/ adhd adult? Thanks 

There is a procedure available that, assessed with professional advice about the complex health criteria, would enable you to develop a considered strategy.