QLD health recruitment process

RubyMonday

For anyone who works for QLD health I'm a little confused. I've been applying for jobs generally in recruitment pools in different areas in QLD for registered nurses. I've heard nothing for ages then suddenly offered an interview on one day in four weeks time and asked to confirm I'm availabe on that day to get a time back. I confirmed my acceptance a week ago then haven't heard back with the time, I know there has been bank holidays since then. That was for Wide Bay health service, I've now been offered another job intervew this morning for Townsville for the day after tomorrow (at 3:45am on Friday for me). That was for a registered mental health nurse with five possible wards all different areas of MH nursing, rehab, acute, childrens etc. In the interview offer they didn't tell me which ward it was for so I basically have no time to prepare and don't actually know what job I'm interviewing for. Is it normal for them to have such different practices at offering interviews and for an interview to be offered at such short notice? For the Wide bay they also haven't specified which kind of ward I'm being interviewed for but at least I have time to ask. Are the different health service areas in QLD completely separate with different recrtuitment policies? Also how soon am I likely to hear back if I'm successful or unsuccessful at interview. Someone said you won't hear for 3 weeks while they wait in case someone claims discrimination during the process?