Getting married during the processing of a Prospective Marriage Visa (300)

Prosp2023

Hi,

We applied for a prospective partner visa in early July 2023 and waiting for the update from immigration.
We are getting married overseas on the 1st of December 2023.

1. Can we apply for a visitor visa so my partner can come to Australia with me?
2. Once we get married we need to update immigration about the change in circumstances, how many days after the marriage do we need to update immigration? We will get a marriage certificate hopefully in a few weeks after the marriage.
3. Does my prospective partner visa automatically change to a spouse visa application, after we update immigration or have to do a new application?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Prosp2023 said:

Hi,

We applied for a prospective partner visa in early July 2023 and waiting for the update from immigration.
We are getting married overseas on the 1st of December 2023.

1. Can we apply for a visitor visa so my partner can come to Australia with me?
2. Once we get married we need to update immigration about the change in circumstances, how many days after the marriage do we need to update immigration? We will get a marriage certificate hopefully in a few weeks after the marriage.
3. Does my prospective partner visa automatically change to a spouse visa application, after we update immigration or have to do a new application?

Thanks

Pretty sure I answered this on another forum yesterday … If you get married before your 300 is granted, then you are deemed to have applied for a subclass 309 partner visa. Whether you need to manually withdraw the 300 application or it’s done for you will depend on the processing office. People’s mileage varies on this. There’s no specific time ‘limit’ but you should do it asap.

You can apply for a visitor visa, but again, there are no guaranteed outcomes.