suburb reccommendations

memmymooch

Hi Guys,

Have been offered a job in Perth that will be split across Midland, Northbridge and Cannington locations. We are a 50's  couple with 18 yrs daughter who will be attending Curtin Bently campus. I have stayed in Mandurah previously and we quite liked the area but feel that this might be too much of a commute as I will be working a number of shifts finishing at 11pm/midnight and not sure I want that long a drive at that time of night. 

Seeking suggestions for affordable suburbs (renting) 30-45 min commute or less. Currently I am about a 15 min drive from beaches, previously was 45 mins which was a bit far but would be happy with alternate water that could access for walks and if possible swim sometimes. Or in lieu of water nice nature walks. I dont have a strong north or south preference have not explored anywhere north.  Is there anywhere with village feel centres coffee shops, resturants etc or that is not a thing there? 

Somewhere with some diversity would be good as daugher is mix race and she sadly has experienced horrendous racism here in our current predominately white QLD location.  close to train links would also be good.  in our down time we like to do the usual cinema, resturant, live music etc.  I am super paranoid about fire so somewhere in hills or high fire risk might not be too great. 

Not sure if am chasing the impossible on a budget, ideally would like to not be paying above 500pw in rent for 2-3 bed house or unit, apartment not really practical as we have 3 cars and motorbike.

4 hours ago, memmymooch said:

Hi Guys,

Have been offered a job in Perth that will be split across Midland, Northbridge and Cannington locations. We are a 50's  couple with 18 yrs daughter who will be attending Curtin Bently campus. I have stayed in Mandurah previously and we quite liked the area but feel that this might be too much of a commute as I will be working a number of shifts finishing at 11pm/midnight and not sure I want that long a drive at that time of night. 

Seeking suggestions for affordable suburbs (renting) 30-45 min commute or less. Currently I am about a 15 min drive from beaches, previously was 45 mins which was a bit far but would be happy with alternate water that could access for walks and if possible swim sometimes. Or in lieu of water nice nature walks. I dont have a strong north or south preference have not explored anywhere north.  Is there anywhere with village feel centres coffee shops, resturants etc or that is not a thing there? 

Somewhere with some diversity would be good as daugher is mix race and she sadly has experienced horrendous racism here in our current predominately white QLD location.  close to train links would also be good.  in our down time we like to do the usual cinema, resturant, live music etc.  I am super paranoid about fire so somewhere in hills or high fire risk might not be too great. 

Not sure if am chasing the impossible on a budget, ideally would like to not be paying above 500pw in rent for 2-3 bed house or unit, apartment not really practical as we have 3 cars and motorbike.

Have you thought about Como or East Vic park?