Citizenship appointment and ceremony locations / birth certificate requirement

Wanderer Returns

A couple of quick questions, and apologies if this gets asked frequently but I wasn't able to find answers by searching the forum.

I am currently helping my wife complete her application for Citizenship

Firstly, is it okay to request the Citizenship appointment in a different location to ceremony? On page 12 of the online application form I have entered the preferred citizenship appointment location as Maroochydore because we live on the Sunshine Coast. Then on page 13, I have named the applicant's local council as Brisbane because that's where my wife wants to attend the ceremony. The reasons being that we'd heard the citizenship ceremony takes a really long time on the SC due to a backlog of applications and infrequent ceremonies. However, I was wondering if we should just make it Brisbane for both the appointment and the ceremony in case it looks a bit odd?

Secondly, is your birth certificate required for the Citizenship application? For the first identity document (page 18) I have entered my wife's QLD driver's licence, and her bank statement for page 19 (evidence of residential address). For the second identity document required on page 20, it gives the option of 'Full birth certificate' or 'Other'. I have selected 'other' and entered her UK passport details because her birth certificate is in a language other than English, so we'd need to get it translated. I'd heard other people say that you definitely needed your birth certificate for the Citizenship application but unless I have completed the application form incorrectly, it seems like you don't?

Many thanks in advance for clarification on these points.

Edited by Wanderer Returns