Qualifications to teach un Vic

Angela jee

Hi is anybody able to help ,I qualified to teach in the UK through the Graduate teacher programme in 2010. Since qualifying I've gone on to do great things in my profession ,however I've recently discovered that the GTP isn't recognised  in Victoria Melbourne .Can anybody suggest next steps?.Am I able to top up my qualification ?or suggest what I can do to be able to teach ?Thankyou 

Hi, it's my understanding that you need to be a 4-year trained teacher to meet the visa requirements, and there's pretty much no way around that. However, there's a huge teacher shortage across Australia at the moment, and there are many incentives to entice overseas teachers. Each state has it's own governing body so I would advise you contact them directly to find out what pathways are available, and what additional training you might need to undertake to get your foot in the door. I wouldn't limit yourself to just one state, if I was you. You can always move around later. Here's a list of the teacher authorities for each state/territory - hope this helps.

1. New South Wales (NSW):
  2. Victoria (VIC):
  3. Queensland (QLD):
  4. South Australia (SA):
  5. Western Australia (WA):
  6. Tasmania (TAS):
  7. Australian Capital Territory (ACT):
  8. Northern Territory (NT):
  • Like 1