What to do next!!!!!!

Guest sneaky

Guest sneaky

Now that my visa has been granted :D, i was hoping that i could relax a bit.

How wrong was i :shock: :shock:

The plan is to leave for the Gold Coast sometime in September.

After finally deciding which shipping company to use (crown Relocations, has come highly recomended :wink: ) Im a little unsure when i should have my things shipped....

It would be nice to have everything there for when we find somewhere to live, but at the same time, we dont want to spend a long time in the UK without all our posessions.

We dont have kids, so any major inconvenience is not a big problem.

Im interested to know what people are planning, and what has worked for others.

Thanks guys 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Guest kerryandduncan

Hi Sneaky

I'm wondering exactly the same thing. Our application was receipted in Oct, and are now waiting to hear back. I don't know whether to sell our stuff or what to do. How long did it take for your visa to be granted from date of receipt?

And keep me posted on how you get on with shipping your stuff it would help us out loads!

Many thanks

Kerry

Guest ohippychick

at some point you will be without your 'stuff' but your shipment can't enter Australia before you do.

We shipped early and relied on friends and family in the UK to help us out. Much easier to do than in Oz where you don't know anyone.

Our shipment entered the same day as us and so cleared customs by the time we had found a place to rent and so was delivered the day after we moved in.

When you get here you are all over the place, you have to sort out TFN's, jobs, schools etc and to have your own things around you sooner rather than later does help the process.

Guest Gollywobbler

HI all

Ideally, the goods will be cleared through Customs and released to you on the same day as you move into an unfurnished house. Having a container in storage for ages costs an arm and a leg whether it is stored in the UK or Australia.

Cheers

Gill

Guest sneaky
Hi Sneaky

I'm wondering exactly the same thing. Our application was receipted in Oct, and are now waiting to hear back. I don't know whether to sell our stuff or what to do. How long did it take for your visa to be granted from date of receipt?

And keep me posted on how you get on with shipping your stuff it would help us out loads!

Many thanks

Kerry

Hi

My application was recieved 4th May 2006

Assigned Case Officer September 2006

Police and Medicals Requested 15th October 2006(had to be recieved by 15th December 2006)

Visa granted 17th December 2006 :D

hope this helps....

Guest sneaky

I wasnt aware that you had to enter Australia before your shipment :?

In an ideal world, the house would be sold, everything into the container, hop on the plane job done :P

Just cant get my head round it :? :? :?

Should i start by getting the shipping company round to assess everything?

Been thinking of putting the house on the market in spring!!!

By the time the sale is through and everything is shipped, it should be time to jump on the plane. I THINK :? :?

Cheers for the help everyone 8)

Guest donovan

HELLO CROWN RELOCATIONS SEEMS TO BE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IS THIS THE ONE BASED IN BRIDGEND? AND HAS ANYONE USED BISHOPS MOVE?

SARAH X

Guest sneaky

Cant help you with that one :?

My first contact with Crown Relocations through their web site, was answered by a woman in Sydney :shock:

I was then contacted by a local branch, which just happens to be down the road from me 8)

They seem quite helpfull, reasonably priced and reliable.

Cant ask for more than that........ :wink:

Archived