Reflecting leave periods in work experience - Skillselect

Kendall

Hello all,

We have been putting together our EOI in Skillselect and if we put in the dates for employment, it automatically calculated five years worth of international experience and allocates 10 points. However, within that five years, my wife was on maternity leave and therefore cannot claim the full five years.

I wondered if anyone had any advice on how to reflect this in the EOI? If we get invited on 80 points, when we can only really claim 75, this will mess things up on application!

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, wrussell said:

If it was paid leave it can be claimed. If not, enter as 'not closely related' from date to date to exclude the unpaid period.

Thanks Westly! The first three months was ‘full pay’ which I believe is claimable. From then it reduced to half pay and then statutory.

I suppose the best course of action would be to effectively enter the same job role three times?

1: Sept 2018 - July 2020 (Closely related)

2: July 2020 - May 2021 (Not closely related) - Mat leave period

3: May 2021 - present (Closely related)

Just want to give the clearest picture possible and make sure we’re not attempting to claim points that we aren’t eligible for.