Future skills international electrician skills assesment

Hi Robert

I have not completed it recently but about 7 years ago now but a lot of sparkies I have spoken to makes it sound like it hasn’t changed much. 
they put you in a booth similar to AM2 and do a basic DB with power point, light and some 2 way switches. 
you will then do a fault find which I did on a tubular heater but very basic for what needs checking just make sure you use the correct isolation. 
the last bit I did was on a plug and play board. You had to draw a diagram of how a stop start would work using the symbols they provide and then use the plug and play board to put it together. 
I struggled a little with one of the components on the wiring diagram but as long as they see you have basic knowledge they will help where they can. 
the test you do may have changed but it was multiple choice when I did mine with the equations on the paper to help you work them out. The guy who did mine was happy to help if needed too. I think they just want to see you are competent rather than trying to trip you up. 
Good luck and hope it all goes well 

• Like 1

I’ve recently gotten my full electrical license and it’s a long process.

To be honest the future skills assessment is not difficult if you’re a sparky, even if you do muck something up I think you’re allowed to go and correct it. I did mine in Sydney. You will have to study a bit for the theory side if it’s been a while, health and safety, AC/DC theory, safe isolation, fault finding, motor wiring DOL starter both 3 phase and the control circuit.

Make sure you have a go at the practice paper future skills provide you.

The capstone is a lot more difficult.

• Like 2