Pre-payment for parent visa 143, postage delay

N & H

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice. We completed all of our 143 paperwork in the UK and completed the pre-payment online via our Immi account. We included our payment reference number on our application. We then posted our completed documents to our son (sponsor) who lives in Perth WA, he is going to complete his sponsor documents and post to the immigration office in WA once complete.

I posted our documents via Royal Mail international signed for service 18 days ago and they still haven't arrived with my son. Does anyone know what happens if your application is lodged over 30 days after you have pre-paid online?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Mail cannot be relied upon and Australia Post is worse. You should have used one of the recognised international couriers. When posting in Australia use trackable express post, not registered mail.

It is not sound practice to prepay before all the required documents are in hand. I have never done so and I doubt that you will find a RMA who has.

Your son could try phoning immigration on 131881, whatever they say is likely to be wrong and you will know where you stand.