Help -- Local knowledge required on Sunshine coast suburbs

Cairnswanabe

Locals help required please  - I'm moving up from Brisbane to Sunny Coast and would really appreciate some local knowledge on  choosing a suburb and those best avoided.(if any)   I'm open to all suggestions - would rather have a green and leafy suburb near a major centre like Molooolaba or  Caloundra - although I have a read a few negative comments about the latter -  - so if anyone could put me right that would be great. I'll have 2 teenagers going to the local state high school and I have checked them out and they all seem on par.  Would like to be within 5 mins of the beach - as that's the main point in moving up. Any insiders guide into what the suburb offers eg, pubs, gym. shopping centre etc etc would be greatly appreciated.  I Im going to commute down to Brisbane once a week on the train - so any insider knowledge on that journey also much appreciated. I had a look at Mountain Creek - which looks great - Sippy Downs - too far from beach for me - and Buderim - nice but I cant see myself cycling up that hill. I'd like to get out an about in the suburb with parks and walking trails etc etc, but still be close enough to enjoy the ocean and a bit of entertainment. thank you in advance