Seeking advice on sponsor eligibility for 820 partner visa

davek300

My partner and I are considering applying for the 820 Partner Visa and have quite a specific question regarding my eligibility as a sponsor which we are seeking assistance to address. 

I myself am an immigrant, having been granted a partner visa from my previous relationship, which I applied for whilst living offshore in the UK. Key dates for my own visa are as follows:  

Application lodged 07-Apr-2014;  

Granted (temporary subclass 309) 06-Jan-2015; and  

Granted P.R. (subclass 100) on 07-November-2017. 

I have found some ambiguity between the home affairs website which states that an eligible sponsor “may not have applied for a partner visa within the last 5 years”, while other sources state that I may not be an eligible sponsor if I have been “granted” a partner visa within the past 5 years. I am seeking the best way to find clarity on this point. 

Additionally I got married to my ex in Sep-2017, and we separated in Dec-2019 (have docs signed by us both to verify), however getting divorced is a slow process which only was formally finalised as per the divorce certificate in August-2021. Is this likely to cause an issue for me?

Thanks in advance for any information anybody may be able to provide. 

2 hours ago, davek300 said:

I am seeking the best way to find clarity on this point.

In this case the ‘other sources’ are incorrect. 

2 hours ago, davek300 said:

Is this likely to cause an issue for me?

Probably not but it will depend on the details.