Door to Door UK Postal Service

Plentymech

Our UK based parents love to send us reminders and gifts from there several times a year and always have taken to the post office pre-Covid days. We do not  want them going there any longer due to age and that C-19 is still a major problem, has anyone used a door to door service to pickup directly from their houses? I'm aware of the big players like UPS but they seem extortionate compared to the PO when I've done a few estimates.

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

2 hours ago, Plentymech said:

Our UK based parents love to send us reminders and gifts from there several times a year and always have taken to the post office pre-Covid days. We do not  want them going there any longer due to age and that C-19 is still a major problem, has anyone used a door to door service to pickup directly from their houses? I'm aware of the big players like UPS but they seem extortionate compared to the PO when I've done a few estimates.

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Hi, I use parcelhero. They provide comparisons between companies and you can book to be collected from home. I think the post office does a home collection for parcels as well now. All these are booked online I think so they would need to be IT literate! 😊

If you use parcelhero, take pictures of the box with its labels on showing the measurements as I had a dispute with ups about a parcel/cost. 😡

• Like 1