UK AEGON Personal Pension

JM6

I'm new to the forum so I apologise if this has been asked before. 

I emigrated from the UK to Australia in 1987. I've recently been informed by AEGON that I can now access my UK private pension. This was a pension that I contributed to for a few years when I worked for Rolls Royce in Derby. It is not a lot of money but I was hoping, if possible, to get the money either over to Australia or maybe leave it in the UK (Wise multi currency account?) and use it when I go on holiday to visit relatives.  Not sure how easy/hard these options are as I'm no longer a UK resident. I would appreciate any advice.

Regards 

Likely to be taxable in Australia in some way - either as income if you take a pension. or the fund growth (known as the Applicable Fund Earnings) will be taxable if you take a lump sum.

The UK may also look to tax some element of it, but tax paid in the UK should be repayable by HMRC.

Tax advice may be needed.

Feel able to complete the enquiry form at www.bdhtax.com if you would like an initial freebie chat.

Best regards.