Applying for PR from a 482TSS

Gibsongaz

Hi guys. I came to Oz on a Short Term 482 in 2019. I did my two years with one company. As they then wanted me to move to a new role in Europe, I jumped to a new company here and they applied for a new 482 four year Medium Term visa, which was granted under a different category.

As I understand it, my 3 years to apply for PR starts again with the new visa, but I just wanted to double check as heard there are some exceptions? 

Also, is there any rumours of rule changes in light of C19? I know there was a list of recommendations made to give all 482 holders route to PR, but that's gone quiet. 

TIA

18 hours ago, Gibsongaz said:

As I understand it, my 3 years to apply for PR starts again with the new visa, but I just wanted to double check as heard there are some exceptions? 

Correct. However you don't have to wait 3 years if you apply visa the 186 direct entry pathway. Whether you qualify will depend on your qualifications and employment experience. 

• 1 month later...