Travel Exemptions

Nyxkat

I got my inbound travel exemption after 4 attempts (yay!).

I feel like we need a thread on this as it is a tricky thing to navigate, so here goes.

My experience with the process was a frustrating one but luckily I got mine on our 4th attempt. Some people have been trying a lot more than that. I've seen people talking about their 10th application etc.

From my application process what I learned was that structure matters. Organise your documents well. Ours were already very well organised - I had to go super picky on it.

If you are applying for a partner exemption you seriously need to have your stuff together.  It's almost like applying for the partner visa itself, you have to show almost as much evidence. If you get rejected get right back on it, organise it some more and add more details and proof. Keep on applying.

If you are applying to leave Australia you need to get your stat dec written and organised well. Depending on your reason for leaving you will need proof eg: medical letters for compassionate grounds or proof you have ended jobs and left houses If you are relocating.

If you are applying to enter Australia for compassionate grounds be prepared to provide medical proof and letters from docs.

The most important thing is stay positive, you will get there! Good luck to you and don't let the rejections get to you, they're just struggling right now and the clearer you make it for them the better your chances.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2