Hi All,

Those following UK media will know that due to changes of CGT rules for UK property, there's been a flurry of real estate transaction activity over the last few months.  Mortgage companies have started significantly dropping their rates

For those of you who followed my article from 2018 and are currently enjoying an HSBC mortgage.  You may like to learn that 2 weeks ago HSBC performed some significant rate cuts.  In fact they were so significant that the money saved by the rate cut was double the 'early exit fee' that was due because to switch meant breaking out from the fixed term early.

The process is very simple you just to go the landing page of your HSBC Mortgage account. In there you'll see a 'Manage' button.  Click that and you have the opportunity to "start a rate switch".

It's pretty easy from there.

Benefits =

• I save approximately £3k over 2 years
  • I extend the mortgage term for an additional 5 years, so:
    • No no more sleepless nights worrying how I'm going to find a low cost mortgage without having to deal with a broker and pay broker fees
    • No effort in getting documents notarised
    • No spending 4 weeks going back and forward with conveyancers
    • No need to get the property re-valued

Here's my original topic below (sorry i put it in Renting and Real Estate, @The Pom Queen i don't suppose you could please move it to Money and Finance)

Enjoy

Edited by Aussiepom
typos & to add tags