AFP Certificate

Nicko

Hi there, just wondering if somebody could please help me. I’m an the sponsor and a dual citzen. I’ve been living in UK since 2001 - I uploaded a Police Certificate from the Uk for the two of us but we have had a RFI come back asking for a Australian Police Certificate even though I have not lived back there for nearly 20 years. This is the request - Your sponsor needs to obtain an AFP National Police Certificate by completing a National Police Check application form. The application form is available on the AFP website www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks
Use Code 33 - 'Immigration/Citizenship - Australia' - for the supply to the Department 

Any Ifeas and will it be easy enough to obtain if I’m living in the Uk? 

Many Thanks

It’s often easier just to give them what they want. The certificates are easy to obtain online, but I recommend getting it sent to a trusted friend or relative in Aus who can open it and scan for you as it’s risky trusting the global postal system. They seem to be taking a long time at the moment, so I’d order ASAP.