820 partner visa - how long did it take you to get a CO assigned?

ScottishFella84

Hi all, 

I applied for my 820 partner visa in Adelaide almost a year ago and still haven't had a CO assigned. Is this normal? I've passed my medical and submitted all of the required evidence at the time of my application. Still on my bridging visa. How long did you wait? Is there anything I can do to move it along? TIA

All the best,

John

Hi, 

I got a CO assigned around 14 months since I applied. My 820 was granted a few months after, around 17 months since I summited the application. Hope that helps. 

Hey John,

It isn't uncommon for cases to take up to 2 years and in asking around you'll see many people with varying degrees of processing times often, for no particular rhyme or reason. For example, we've seen an 820/801 approved 4 months from lodgement whereas other cases, lodged a year ago, are yet to progress. 

In the Budget released in Oct 2020, the Government announced they would allocate more resources to the onshore partner applications to help push the backlog through - hopefully, you and many others will start seeing this come to fruition. Other than that, your application is still within the Department's published processing times: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-onshore

If there's any particular concern you have on your case, get some recommendations from friends on a trusted Registered Migration Agent for relevant advice.

Good luck!

Regards,
Josie Marr | MARN 1172798
Principal and Registered Migration Agent
Astra Australia Immigration