Anyone flown on the A380 airbus?

Ses

Hi, hubby and I have finally booked our one way tickets down under! Was wondering if anyone has flown with Singapore on the A380 airbus? Also wondering what your experience was like?

Flying out on 22 Sept - weyhey!

Many thanks

Sarah

Guest donovan

Have flown with Singapore, but not on the new airbus, seen it on tv though, looks great, r u flying on it? where are you heading in Oz?

good luck your on count down now

Sarah x

Great minds think alike hey Sarah! I asked the very same question on here earlier today!

We've flown with Singapore before and they were great, but not on the airbus. We're going out for a holiday (wish it was one way but need to sell the houses) in August and we're on the airbus for the London to Singapore bit.

Someone replied that it was pretty much the same as your standard planes - I was hoping the seats might be a bit more roomy, but never mind!

I guess if your a higher class than economy (in my dreams, or when I win the lotto) then you'll see the difference.

Enjoy your flight and your new life and keep us posted as to how you're getting on. Where are you headed?

Sharon x

Hi Sarah & Sharon, thanks for your replies. We are heading for Melbourne. So excited about flying on the A380 but like you wish it had a little more leg room - not that it really bothers me as I am only 5'4". Its such a pain selling your house it took us 2 years - 2 chain let down's and in the end 2 people were fighting for it. Has put me off buying for life. Thank goodness we will be renting for 6 months.

All the very best

Sarah

Guest 7gotooz
Hi, hubby and I have finally booked our one way tickets down under! Was wondering if anyone has flown with Singapore on the A380 airbus? Also wondering what your experience was like?

Flying out on 22 Sept - weyhey!

Many thanks

Sarah

Hi Sarah - Chek out www.seatguru.com they give you all the info you could every dream about knowing about any commercial aircraft !!!!

Rachel

Thanks for you replies guys. As soon as we have got internet sorted I will post and let you all know about our flight experience....... fingers crossed it will all be good!

Sarah x

Guest Sam&Si

Hiya Ses,

We've booked the Airbus too, someone on a previous thread mentioned that they thought the

upper deck was better/looked roomier, so we did the 'pick/pre-book your own seats' thingy on the website and nabbed a couple of seats on the top deck. Not going till Dec though so sorry can't be more help!

Guest funiowcple

Hi we flew Singapore airlines. But choose not to fly with the new airbus. The Airbus was on the lunchtime flight and was very busy when we checked. so we chose the 10pm flight for a couple of reasons.

1. We would have struggled to get to Heathrow by 9 from the isle of wight.

2. with the evening flight after having a meal and a few hours of in flight movie, it would be gone midnight and the chance of falling a sleep was easier than a lunch time flight.

3. and the stop over in singapore was only 3 hours. Time for a good shower in the new terminal for a few pounds.

good flight, excelent service, and lots of empty seats.

and if you sign up on the singapore airlines web site to their club you can choose your seats before your flight for free.

Archived